• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That really turned out nice. I hope to have grandkids one of these days to be able to do a project like this. Have fun with him on his first shoot with it.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Getting close to the big day! Taking the grandkids to see the Winterlights at Newfields Christmas light display Friday night, then opening their presents Saturday morning. DoggyMama actually suggested that I take the grandson to try out his "new" rifle Saturday morning so she can spend some time with the granddaughters and he gets to "play" with his new toy. :)

I hope you have decent weather for that, Jim!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, the grandson absolutely loved the rifle. :) I told him that it was made the same year as Papaw, and the first words out of his mouth were, "I'm gonna take care of this!" I showed him the pictures of the whole refinishing process, and he was pretty impressed I think.

He went with me to the gun auction this morning and he did pretty well, but he got bored before too long. As we were leaving, he said, "Papaw, gun shows are more fun than gun auctions." I could see his point. Not much for an 11 year old to do while Papaw is standing around waiting for lots to come up.

Made dinner after we got home and then the kids wanted DoggyMama to take them to Walmart. After all that, there wasn't time to go to the range, but hopefully I'll get to take both him and his dad soon.

Top Bottom