• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    Everything sold out over Christmas looks like. Pretty stuff.

Yea, their blades don't stay for sale long. It only potentially works to make it more difficult for me to score knives, but here's what I've learnded about Semper Sharp blades since summer when I started this journey. No guarantee on accuracy of the information - just what I believe I've figured out.

Semper Sharp does a 'drop' of the knives they've made throughout the week - this happens every Saturday night at 9:00pm Eastern. This means that right after 9pm Eastern, on their site @ https://www.sempersharp.com/store-1, they list all the knives for sale for the week.

Generally, things sell quick. Like, minutes quick. Sometimes 1 or 2 knives will last longer. And I've seen a few times a couple knives lasted until the next drop. But that's rare. They are usually gone within minutes, and almost certainly within an hour.

The number of knives available at each drop is variable too. As are the models. You just never know.

But, if you watch their FB page, sometimes they will post a teaser with pictures earlier in the afternoon before the drop. That at least gives you a glimpse of what's to come.

Also, it's worth noting, usually the new knives for the current drop show up at the top of the list. This past Saturday didn't do that. The top 2 were knives from the previous drop and stayed at the top of the list for some time. So, as I started at 9pm refreshing the page, saw those 2 there and didn't think the new ones were up. After a few refreshes, I did scroll down, and found the new knives. Which of course had already started to sell out. But I don't think I was the only one tricked by this, and was able to score a model I wanted.

Now, here's some of my strategy. Take it for what it's worth.

1. Make sure you have fast Internet. Obviously, there's lots of pictures, so it if you are waiting for the page to refresh, you will get beat out. And don't hesitate if you want something!

2. Make sure your account is logged in, your shipping info is saved, as is your credit card info. That way, if you find what you want, you can put it in your cart, and go through the checkout process with just a few clicks quikcly. I've put blades in my cart, and they were gone by the time I got through checkout and I didn't get them.

3. Go through the sold out models ahead of time, and get some idea what models you are interested in. That at least gives you something to look for. You can wing it, but I prefer to wait for what I want to drop. I wanted the Alaskan, and was fortunate enough to get it in a set with the mini.

4. I don't get too wrapped around handle material. Obviously that is somewhat random. If I like what I see, and is the model I want, I will jump in. Some materials seem to be more costly, but that makes sense.

A few more notes......

I believe there may be opportunities for custom made knives, but I'm not clear on this. I emailed and asked, and they said the books were closed for the year (2022). So I'm thinking they may book those up for 2023 at some point. I'd watch the FB page for this info.

Also, back to the drop, I've seen times that all the new knives did not show up all at once. I refreshed, started scrolling through the page, and didnt see something they had shown on FB earlier (the Alaskan/mini pair pictured in my original post). So I refreshed again and it was there, and fortunately I scored them.

There will be NO drop on 1/7/2023. My bank account is relieved!

If you feel inclined to get into this game, good luck. I hope this has helped. The knives are truly beautiful, and works of art.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Already posted it in the knife picture thread but my wife got me an Al Stohlman brand round knife. So much faster and easier than a box cutter or xacto knife it's cut down on edge finishing time.

Attachments

• IMG_20221228_204618494.jpg
      IMG_20221228_204618494.jpg
      304.6 KB · Views: 5

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I had a few Amazon gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. I couldn't really find anything I needed, so I bought this $70 Strider knock off. It's my second Eafengrow knife, and I was super impressed with the first, so figured why not?

As with my first one, the fit and finish is great. Other than the blade, not a sharp edge to be found. Tight lockup and a perfectly centered blade.

Eafengrow EF225

EkTtIePl.jpg

For reference, my first one was the Eafengrow EF906. A 10oz TANK of a knife.

VYjwlqU.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom