• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Would really like to see an M&P compact in 10mm. All they’d have to do is chop the grip on the 4” model and make a shorter 12 or 13 round mag.

My interest in 10mm so far is limited, as I don’t hunt and Indiana isn’t exactly dangerous game country. True, the caliber serves well in both self defense roles, two and four legged threats. But so far, I’m not seeing a good 10mm compact that isn’t a Block or a Grip Zone thing.

A 10mm Shield Plus might be a hoot.

:):

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Would really like to see an M&P compact in 10mm. All they’d have to do is chop the grip on the 4” model and make a shorter 12 or 13 round mag.

My interest in 10mm so far is limited, as I don’t hunt and Indiana isn’t exactly dangerous game country. True, the caliber serves well in both self defense roles, two and four legged threats. But so far, I’m not seeing a good 10mm compact that isn’t a Block or a Grip Zone thing.

Just a 10mm shield would be awesome. What is the extended magazine capacity for the 40 S&W Shield?

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Just a 10mm shield would be awesome. What is the extended magazine capacity for the 40 S&W Shield?
    Standard magazine capacity in a Shield .40 S&W is 6 in the short grip and 7 in the extended...
    So, it'd be 6+1 or 7+1 for total carry capacity...
    I wish Glock hand done a single-stack, 10mm with their Glock 36 package...excellent carry package in .45acp.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Nothing wrong with the S&W 10mm, but the Springfield XDm Elite Compact (3.8”) 10mm is a great gun and has been my EDC for over a year.

It has either 11 round mags or 15 rounders with a grip extension. I actually shoot it better than any of my 9mm handguns, for whatever reason.
    What do you mean by better? If I asked you to shoot a Bill drill with each, are you saying you would be faster and just as accurate with the 10mm?

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    What do you mean by better? If I asked you to shoot a Bill drill with each, are you saying you would be faster and just as accurate with the 10mm?
    I’m saying that I shoot it more accurately than my 9mm handguns. I’ve not done side by side timed drills, just an overall observation.

And I’m not claiming to be an amazing marksman or anything, it’s just relative to my own performance.

Kalashalite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    SE Indiana
    There aren't enough DA/SA 10mm options that come as a de-cocker only with no rails in a steel frame.

There's the SIG 220, Grand Power 40L, EAA Witness, Old 3rd Gen S&W Autos... those are basically the only ones I know of and I'm not sure any of them are De-cock only other than the 220. That's not a deal breaker though but there still aren't enough all metal DA/SA's without rails.

I'm just old school I guess, does everyone put lights on their pistols but me? lol

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Haven't shot any yet, but I guess I'm "invested" in 10mm, with a G40, two G20s and 2000 rounds. Hope it doesn't break my wrists!;) Being cross-eye dominant, I'll likely be ising my usual Weaver stance.
    G40 is all set up for hunting. Now I need a 10mm die set.

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis

I dont think ive seen many good 10mm compact pistols but im excited to see what the industry pumps out.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I dont think ive seen many good 10mm compact pistols but im excited to see what the industry pumps out.
    I've mentioned before, I'd like to see an FN 510 compact. I've handled the 510 and it feels really good in hand, but a compact would be my cup of tea, rather than the full size tactical model.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I'm just old school I guess, does everyone put lights on their pistols but me? lol
    Nope...I don't put lights or red dots on pistols either.
    I'm old school too, with a tritium front sight and a hand-held flashlight, if I need one!
    Keeping It Short and Simple method works...and the electronics don't break or fail!

Top Bottom