• ...and so much more!
  • Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    What clone/copy/knock-off gear have you been surprisingly pleased with? Did they compare to the original? Like to gamble? Feeling cheap?

I've had deals and duds. Recently decided to give a surefire 600 light made by wadsn (china/eBay) and an arisaka mount clone made by the same. Time to give it the what for. I cant justify a $250 light, so let's see what's what. I'm in it
    What say ye?
    689214d1f33083cf1e0d02551c510395.jpg
    3501475086f5fba3051029d2d6f06d20.jpg

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    If it works, it works. I run a BesTech Chinese pocket knife that I'm really happy with for $52. D2 tool steel and ceramic bearings. G10 scales.

I mostly try not to support the communists tho'.
    Agreed. I do my best within my limits. I have the real arisaka mount under the Romeo5 on it.

If it's an absolute crucial part I won't go cheap. Sacrifices can be made on the trim work.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    When China is represented by capitalists out of Taipei and not ruled by communists out of Beijing I'll happily do business with them. The ChiComs are our enemies; you don't do business with them so much as fund your own demise.

That said, the concept of quality kit for less is always a good thing.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    If it works, it works. I run a BesTech Chinese pocket knife that I'm really happy with for $52. D2 tool steel and ceramic bearings. G10 scales.

I mostly try not to support the communists tho'.
    Sometimes you have little choice... as a lot of products are made in commieland, but if you think you actually have a D2 tool steel knife.... for $52... you're as out of touch with reality as the lefties. It may cut things, and it may serve well... for what you need... but I SEIOUSLY doubt it's real D2 tool steel. You can't buy the unshaped, unhardened blank for that...

I buy a lot of chinesium myself. Don't like to, but I end up doing it sometimes... Sometimes it's just cheaper, other times it's the only crap I can find to do what I need. I don't think I'd ever what ANY chinesium junk on a weapon though. That's one thing I may have to depend on to protect my family with, so nothing goes on it that doesn't get tested thoroughly first.

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Sometimes you have little choice... as a lot of products are made in commieland, but if you think you actually have a D2 tool steel knife.... for $52... you're as out of touch with reality as the lefties. It may cut things, and it may serve well... for what you need... but I SEIOUSLY doubt it's real D2 tool steel. You can't buy the unshaped, unhardened blank for that...

I buy a lot of chinesium myself. Don't like to, but I end up doing it sometimes... Sometimes it's just cheaper, other times it's the only crap I can find to do what I need. I don't think I'd ever what ANY chinesium junk on a weapon though. That's one thing I may have to depend on to protect my family with, so nothing goes on it that doesn't get tested thoroughly first.
    Ok. Well you try sharpening it. It holds an edge as well or better than anything I have, and I do own some quality knives. Benchmade, Esee , microtech. Just don't want to lose $350 out wandering around.

Trevelayan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Putnam Co.
    I bought a UTG MRO mount off Amazon for like $12 on sale because I wanted to put it on my Scorpion that's nothing but a range blaster, and so far it's held zero after being shot and bashed around for several months. I can't really complain.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Despite my usual objection to China, I brought a holosun because it would feel inappropriate to put anything else on my mak90

Honestly its fine for what it is.

I was a longtime Holosun holdout until about six months ago. Now I have six of them. So far they're hard to beat for the money. Looking to add an HM3XT so I can pair it with one of my HE510C-GR optics.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    I have the knockoff unity tactical mount ...I really like it , had planned to buy the real one with the magnifier mount also after I decided I liked the height but decided to go lpvo instead
    Also have a couple of the knockoff pistol braces and they're fine but don't look as well made as the real deal
    Got a scout light and pistol light for my son's setup as I'm not investing in high end lights for him at this point but they both work just fine
    Also got a cheap belt and some of the knockoff taco pouches for him as well, it all functions fine , the difference in quality is noticeable but good little starter rig for him....if he wants better he can invest , I'm not supporting both our habits hahahA
    Wouldn't trust my life to any of this stuff and most of it will find its way to airsoft practice rifle likely

Top Bottom