• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    Just came across some photos of the Chinese armed forces using what I assume to be holosun and sightmark red dots in limited quantities. Just thought it was interesting.
    ChineseMilitaryHolosun.jpg
    1616640161335.png TheChinesemilitaryusessightmark.jpg Type-95-1.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I will admit that I don't understand the arrangement of two devices per rifle, but then again I am an optics Fudd.

I do think that the QBZ bullpup is a really cool gun but would hate trying to find 5.8x42 ammunition!

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I'd expect the CCP to be using holosun optics because they're chinese. Buy holosun or norinco etc and you're buying from the CCP. I would be surprised that they're using sightmark optics given ITAR restrictions but they're probably just reverse engineered knock-offs

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    I will admit that I don't understand the arrangement of two devices per rifle, but then again I am an optics Fudd.

I do think that the QBZ bullpup is a really cool gun but would hate trying to find 5.8x42 ammunition!
    That arrangement is popular with US troops where the rear optic is a magnifier while the front optic is some kind of red dot or holosight. Also the Chinese made the 5.8 round specifically so it's going to be a pain for foreigners to get ammo for their guns.

I'd expect the CCP to be using holosun optics because they're chinese. Buy holosun or norinco etc and you're buying from the CCP. I would be surprised that they're using sightmark optics given ITAR restrictions but they're probably just reverse engineered knock-offs
    IIRC sightmark is made in China.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    That arrangement is popular with US troops where the rear optic is a magnifier while the front optic is some kind of red dot or holosight. Also the Chinese made the 5.8 round specifically so it's going to be a pain for foreigners to get ammo for their guns.

IIRC sightmark is made in China.
    And now I want a 5.8 just to **** them off...

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Opinions are like chocolate starfish and all, but that is one ugly rifle. I wanna see his reload-fu on that beast. Edit: 2nd guy.

Also, I hope they can use their irons. I'm not putting my chips on Sightmark.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Opinions are like chocolate starfish and all, but that is one ugly rifle. I wanna see his reload-fu on that beast. Edit: 2nd guy.

Also, I hope they can use their irons. I'm not putting my chips on Sightmark.
    I didn't say I would want to fight using that rifle. I just find it a fascinating curiosity. I would want one but primarily for the novelty of having the only example not in the hands of the PLA.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Just came across some photos of the Chinese armed forces using what I assume to be holosun and sightmark red dots in limited quantities. Just thought it was interesting.

View attachment 132363 View attachment 132364

Am I the only one that thinks that is just a really poorly staged image? The magnifier looks too high compared to the sight, so only the top 1/2 would be visible. In the top image the soldier's eye looks incredibly low, with only a narrow field of view available.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Am I the only one that thinks that is just a really poorly staged image? The magnifier looks too high compared to the sight, so only the top 1/2 would be visible. In the top image the soldier's eye looks incredibly low, with only a narrow field of view available.
    I had noticed some of the same. I almost commented on the cheek weld vs iron sights line up. If he has to use the backups his neck is gonna hurt.

Guy #2 seemed out of whack until I realized his magnifier was flipped in his first photo. His LOS with the red dot seems ok, but I agree his flipper doesn't fall on the same axis. Meh, he can just use Shanghai windage.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I had noticed some of the same. I almost commented on the cheek weld vs iron sights line up. If he has to use the backups his neck is gonna hurt.

Guy #2 seemed out of whack until I realized his magnifier was flipped in his first photo. His LOS with the red dot seems ok, but I agree his flipper doesn't fall on the same axis. Meh, he can just use Shanghai windage.
    If a belligerent foreign nation, which may engage in hostile action against us, doesn't know how to set up or properly run their equipment, who am I to complain?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm sure they're using tip-top batteries too.

I wouldn't doubt it that much. They managed to get 50,000-100,000 run time optics going for pennies on the dollar. They're good at ripping off other people's work.

The problems come in when they don't understand why certain design choices were made and decide to omit them.

Flight567

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    US
    Honestly guys.. the holosuns are solid optics. I understand that they are at least on part with vortex, and often better.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom