• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colts Ironman

Sua Sponte, Rangers Lead the Way
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 22, 2021
    NW Indianapolis
    When I was a DC police officer, they told us during orientation and training "don't chase or get into high speed pursuits. Let the helo in the air look" Actually worked well. You see the DC chopper in the air all the time. So glad I'm not there any longer!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's a bit harsh. I was in the Chicago suburbs for quite a long time before I was finally able to maneuver into a position where it was feasible to leave Illinois. Those who continually vote for these criminal-loving citizen-hating politicians might deserve it, but those who constantly get steamrolled by the "tyranny of the majority" (e.g. Dem voters) do not. It is not as simple as "just move".
    There are trade offs for everything. It is just that simple. Apparently the risk in the city is not great enough to offset the cost of getting out…

Kernelkrink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2016
    grant county
    Guess the cemetery is just that good... ;)

Tight head and shoulders shot of the newswoman on election night, standing in front of a building. "This is Debra Goodnight reporting for Action 5 News. Voter turnout at this precinct has been light so far, but expected to increase substantially before the polls close." Shot opens up to her standing next to a sign saying "Cook County Morgue"...

I can't move very fast anymore, does a limping fast walk qualify as the get out of jail free card? How about someone on a mobility cart or using a walker? It does say "on foot" maybe folks without feet should sue for discrimination? I'm in a high speed chase with the cops right on my tail. If I stop and bail out they have to let me go, right?

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    There are trade offs for everything. It is just that simple. Apparently the risk in the city is not great enough to offset the cost of getting out…

I was reacting to the "they deserve it" train of thought. Everything is a trade-off. But if you have a good job, family & close friends in an area, leaving is often not a realistic choice. No one deserves the type of politicians that California, Hawaii, New York, Illinois, etc... have. They are "elected" though deceit and corruption.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    The premise of this is actually how things should work here in America. Every factory everywhere, will do "trials" to see if something is feasible before committing to full production. If the trial fails, the project gets canned and management is pi$$ed if you suggest it again.
    In terms of today's government, we should let a city or state run their trial and use that info to either advance or decline the advancement of the project. Under no circumstances should we make it nationwide with bonafide proof that it is successful. My .02

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    from 2010 to 2020 Chicago Police have paid out over $500,000,000.00 in wrongful lawsuits. $380 Million of that went against police officers with multiple actions against them already. Maybe this was made so if the officer can't catch someone then they can't violate their rights and cut back on the lawsuits against them.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    from 2010 to 2020 Chicago Police have paid out over $500,000,000.00 in wrongful lawsuits. $380 Million of that went against police officers with multiple actions against them already. Maybe this was made so if the officer can't catch someone then they can't violate their rights and cut back on the lawsuits against them.
    A lot of that is the city giving money out when it was undeserved.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    A lot of that is the city giving money out when it was undeserved.
    I'll take some then.....lol. A good racket would be for a thug to become a cop.....then violate your friends rights thats in on it. Friend sues police and you both split it and the thug cop still gets to be a cop. A few more times maybe off the force and both go into retirement. Somebody has done it.

Top Bottom