• ...and so much more!
  • mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Mamynun approved of course....

Not showing the pic for some reason, so you may need to link to it here.

currentloadout.JPG
    Nope... still nope and always nope! Momma said these are the debil!

Attachments

• alice clip.jpg
      alice clip.jpg
      6.2 KB · Views: 15

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    As a believer in the "mission drives the gear" school of thought, I'm happy to see all the variations based on intended use.

I live in a semi suburban area now and I "struggle" with reconciling my reality with my Army training. Throw in an almost 60yo body and I have to completely reassess what I can actually do versus what I'd like to do/carry. I use the layered method with an LBE (aka Battle Belt), then a chest rig (I can no longer deal with a plate carriers' additional weight and heat for any extended amount of time), and then a ruck. The most important items go on the 1st layer/LBE, and the nice-to-have items go in/on the outer layer/ruck, and "everything else" goes on the chest rig.

I have an Esstac chest rig that's set up for 308, a Tactical Tailor set up for 5.56, and second TT setup with Taco's that can be used for either 5.56 or 7.62x39. I have two LBE's; one is specifically meant for use with any of the chest rigs and the other is more for standalone use... it has a butt pack and will carry six Pmags (it's basically an updated version of a late 80's USGI LBE).

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    This is a chest rig I built up for carrying in the gun case with whatever AR I happen to be traveling with.
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot chest rig and hanger bag, Tactical Tailor Tourniquet pouch, Tactical Freaky IR patches.
    I wanted to keep it as minimalist and low profile as possible. thumbnail.jpg
    I also have another set up for 9mm mags and am building one up for the shotgun.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Packing to go to the range for a while today, so I took a quick pic of this one that i just set up. I think it solves the gripes I have with the HSP... mainly ease of putting it on. It just drops over my head like one of my outer carriers or plate carrier and you snap one side and you're good to go. No more fumbling with a bunch of straps that are hanging behind my back somewhere.

thumbnail_image_6483441.jpg

GunLuver0223

Plinker
    Rating - 94.4%
    16   1   1
    Mar 30, 2021
    Clinton
    I just picked this chest rig up online this week haven't got it fully set up yet but has plenty of storage and it's comfortable wearing around heck with mushroom season around the corner it might get more use to store some morals if my bag fills up .. aye one can only hope right ✅

Attachments

• 20220402_124214.jpg
      20220402_124214.jpg
      688.1 KB · Views: 26

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Packing to go to the range for a while today, so I took a quick pic of this one that i just set up. I think it solves the gripes I have with the HSP... mainly ease of putting it on. It just drops over my head like one of my outer carriers or plate carrier and you snap one side and you're good to go. No more fumbling with a bunch of straps that are hanging behind my back somewhere.

View attachment 191798
    Sharp rig. Who’s the mfr?

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I just picked this chest rig up online this week haven't got it fully set up yet but has plenty of storage and it's comfortable wearing around heck with mushroom season around the corner it might get more use to store some morals if my bag fills up .. aye one can only hope right ✅
    Glad you posted that I wasnt even thinking of outdoorsy chest rigs. Here's my fhf gear chest rig with their bear spray attachment. I put a lot of sweaty miles on it last year in 6 or 7 different states. Hope to get the radio pouch/GPS pouch for it next.

Attachments

• 20220403_220449.jpg
      20220403_220449.jpg
      306.5 KB · Views: 25
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2016
    Boffa
    The DC3 is in my opinion hands down best value for money. My setup is very basic right now but the ability to transition if from full rig with the flat pack to front of a plate carrier is awesome.

Attachments

• received_710097223690779.jpeg
      received_710097223690779.jpeg
      317.3 KB · Views: 34

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I bought a chest rig for an AR class I was going to take. I have decided that I'm not going to take it so it may end up in the classifieds. I wore it around the house to loosen it up some and it's had mags in it ever since I got it.

I suppose I could keep it around it the SHTF for real...

1649074730710.png

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Finally tried my buddy’s Shaw concepts arc plate carrier this past weekend. He had the first spear plate backers in it as well, but that was by far the most comfortable plate carrier I’ve ever tried. I currently have two Crye JPC 2.0, and I’ve had spiritus and mayflower in the past.

Very impressed.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    It was made by Defense Mechanisms. I used it that the Revere's Riders class yesterday and it does solve the issues I had with my HSP. I like it quite a bit.
    Do you still like it?

Looks like they have a sale on some of the plate carriers:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Do you still like it?

Looks like they have a sale on some of the plate carriers:

I still like it. Part of me wants to buy this carrier and add my placard to it, but I already have a plate carrier set up and like just having the compact chest rig that fits in a rifle bag easily.

Top Bottom