• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    What's everyone's chest rigs look like? whether le, mil, prepared citizen, larper. My main ones are HSP dc3r's with some different brand add ons that my wife bought me. I use an ar mag wing for a radio pouch. This is my back up that sits in a tote for a rainy day. Covers some of the necessities and most important of all it holds my favorite patch. 20220216_143142.jpg

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I like that setup with the soft armor. How much of a pain is it to throw on quickly?

It's probably easier than throwing it on as just a chest rig. One thing I don't like about most chest rigs is the straps and how long it takes to put them on. I have a HSP that is permanently mounted to a plate carrier because when I use it for work, it just takes too long to mess with the straps. I just never found a good way to get it on quickly.

I replaced the HSP with a Defense Mechanisms Load carrying Platform as my stand alone chest rig. I haven't put it through it's paces yet, but it seems to solve the issues I have with most other chest rigs I've used. I can just dump it over my head like my plate carriers/outer carriers, snap the buckle on one side, and go.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Mamynun approved of course....

Not showing the pic for some reason, so you may need to link to it here.

currentloadout.JPG

Last edited:

crosse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    PNW
    I couldn't find a chest rig that worked best for everything. I have so many that I'm afraid to show the little woman. The ones that I get the most use out of is my Helikon Training Rig. It just meets my need for a go option to the range or mountains and small sized and has enough to throw in a backpack. Has a nice GP pouch to store my incidentals and smaller pouches for tools and such.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Serious question: is 4-5 spare mags enough load-out?

Most I've spoken to or heard from recommend the 8-ish range.

Last edited:

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    When I picked my chest rig out I was going off of a 7 mag loadout. I had 2 mags on the gun, one on my duty belt and 4 on my chest. During the school year I dropped one mag and replaced it with wedges for school shooter response. That in my eyes would cover pretty much everything (if not way overkill) I'd run into as a town clown.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Here you go BigMoose...

View attachment 185878
    Thanks!

Why the shovel? Well if the SHTF and the water stops working.... were gonna need a place to poop.
    Why the Canteen.. I might get thirsty.
    Whats in the pack? A MRE and stuff along with medical.

Besides with Alice, when you put all that heavy arse ammo at the front, the shovel, the pack and the water keeps the ammo from dragging the shoulder strap U on the back of your dang neck.

Its cheap, but not the best out there.

Top Bottom