• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Preparation is what you do before a situation gets out of control. Panic is the result of not doing the first. Ammo, food, retirement its all the same. Incremental preparation is easy and just requires a little self discipline.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    no Wal-Mart has had any buckshot since late last year. I'm talking about the INGO classifieds
    Oh that. Again, this is basic market, not dealing with a flipper.

Incidentally, I walked out of the Wal-Mart in Napoleon, Ohio with 50 rounds of 00 Buck about 3 weeks ago.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Oh that. Again, this is basic market, not dealing with a flipper.
    I agree I don't think he's what you'd call a "flipper", he's a good dude. But it's hard to know whoever is selling in the classifieds if he bought the ammo that he's selling either yesterday or 2 years ago, who knows?
    in this kind of crazy market it's all personal opinion on what prices should be. but the market plays itself out with items that are purchased and those that are not. Say someone needs to sell ammo to pay a bill, what sources should he use to set a price? Who's to say he's a "flipper" or just a guy in need?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I agree I don't think he's what you'd call a "flipper", he's a good dude. But it's hard to know whoever is selling in the classifieds if he bought the ammo that he's selling either yesterday or 2 years ago, who knows?
    in this kind of crazy market it's all personal opinion on what prices should be. but the market plays itself out with items that are purchased and those that are not. Say someone needs to sell ammo to pay a bill, what sources should he use to set a price? Who's to say he's a "flipper" or just a guy in need?
    I don't know how anyone else would react but I had to sell some inventory after I got out of the hospital after heart failure. I sold in a market that would have allowed a markup for approximately what I paid for it. I don't consider any else obligated to make that choice. I reserve the right to regard those racing me to the store to get a cut out of something they had no intention of being involved in other than as an obstruction with disdain.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I don't know how anyone else would react but I had to sell some inventory after I got out of the hospital after heart failure. I sold in a market that would have allowed a markup for approximately what I paid for it. I don't consider any else obligated to make that choice. I reserve the right to regard those racing me to the store to get a cut out of something they had no intention of being involved in other than as an obstruction with disdain.
    with respect, understood :thumbsup:

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    A few years ago I bought a 30-06. It was a built by a hobby gunsmith, quite a nice rifle. It came with 11 boxes of Win 147 grain FMJ. Sold the rifle, still have the ammo.

If I understand this right, if I sell this ammo for the $12/box that it was worth at time, I'm a damn fool. If I sell it for $31/box (Midway current price), then I'm a damn flipper?

Sounds a bit unfair.....

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    If you read these posts, there is a common theme throughout. I don't have or can't get what I want and it is all someone else's fault. Assuming we are all adults, we make our own choices every day. Someone wants to blame a guy that is out there making money on something he buys, really? That's the way of the world. Farmer, car dealer, gun shop or private citizen. If you are new to the game, learn and do it fast. If you have been around a while you chose...........

By the way...I will give anyone that has it the $3,600 that it cost when new for that '68 Camaro in mint condition in your garage. Takers?

Last edited:

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    A few years ago I bought a 30-06. It was a built by a hobby gunsmith, quite a nice rifle. It came with 11 boxes of Win 147 grain FMJ. Sold the rifle, still have the ammo.

If I understand this right, if I sell this ammo for the $12/box that it was worth at time, I'm a damn fool. If I sell it for $31/box (Midway current price), then I'm a damn flipper?

Sounds a bit unfair.....

To me, the term "flipping" = short term buy-then-sell for quick profit, and the only reason the seller profits is they beat the buyer to the checkout line / website link. I don't think anyone would call you a flipper for selling your ammo that was sitting on the shelf for a few years.

But it would also depend on who you're selling it to. For example, an anonymous meet up transaction; you don't owe that random person anything... if they want to give you $31/box instead of giving that money to Midway, that's between you and them.

On the flipside, would you sell the same box for $31 to a friend or family member without feeling greedy or guilty? :dunno:

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Feinstein, Pelosi, Schumer etc and so on.
    This is hardly the thread for me to discuss politics, and I’d rather not detail the conversation, but I strongly dislike Dianne Feinstein.

Exactly...you just bought your very first gun a couple weeks ago yet you've been on here every day telling us how much we should be selling our ammo for and for whom we should've cast our votes.
    Mine meant gtfoh "the Democratic Underground (leftist forum full of idiots) is that way--->"
    You can see my post history. Please quote any of the posts, date and time stamped, where I‘ve said what you’re accusing me of.

I’ll be here, waiting...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    lush.gif

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    Just a feeling, but I think the folks in the long lines outside Top Guns were more people just wanting ammo than likely flippers. 'Cause, dang, the Top Guns prices weren't cheap. (They weren't absolutely nuts as compared to what else I've seen out there, either, though.)
    The people I do think are flipping ammo: Some of the people who line up outside Academy when they know there's a truck coming in. A couple of the clerks there were telling me stories about some of the dodges people were trying to get more than the limit. Downright skeezy.
    I dunno ... I don't flip, and I find ammo flippers sort of parasitic. But, OTH and as of others have said, it's the buyer who decides what he's willing to hand over. We do all make our own choices.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In my time I and a few friends have "Flipped" cars bikes (motorcycles) and boats. But in this we seldom just bought a piece and immediately flipped it. On that rare occasion yes but mostly bought "Hurt" muscle cars in the day. Fixed them and sold them. Same with boats and bikes. Scattered 4 speeds slipping clutch's and bald tires. Many were wrecked. Knocking rods etc. In the shop. Fixed and re-sold at a profit but there was over head involved.
    We always had a few for sale.
    But this to me is different and there are those who will make a solid argument as to market forces. And I get that. I also agree to a point. Having stood in line during the last scramble for booolitz and listened to those who bragged about the money to be made and when asked they were not shooters/guns owners just snake oil salesmen I took great pleasure throwing a shoulder to them to get my sister some 9mm.
    I am (since Sandy Hook) always at the ready.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    In my time I and a few friends have "Flipped" cars bikes (motorcycles) and boats. But in this we seldom just bought a piece and immediately flipped it. On that rare occasion yes but mostly bought "Hurt" muscle cars in the day. Fixed them and sold them. Same with boats and bikes. Scattered 4 speeds slipping clutch's and bald tires. Many were wrecked. Knocking rods etc. In the shop. Fixed and re-sold at a profit but there was over head involved.
    We always had a few for sale.
    But this to me is different and there are those who will make a solid argument as to market forces. And I get that. I also agree to a point. Having stood in line during the last scramble for booolitz and listened to those who bragged about the money to be made and when asked they were not shooters/guns owners just snake oil salesmen I took great pleasure throwing a shoulder to them to get my sister some 9mm.
    I am (since Sandy Hook) always at the ready.
    Buying cars or houses and fixing them up is flipping according to HGTV, but I look at it as skilled labor getting paid for their work. Now if the work isn’t done correctly and they just cover it with a fresh coat of paint then that is wrong.

At what point does gathering scarce resources constitute flipping, gouging, hoarding? Free markets right? At the present time there is an artificial market being created. High prices will eventually cure high prices. The best course of action is for the retail stores to keep raising their prices. Eventually the panicky people will have enough, the hoarders will say no way and the flippers will have nobody to sell to.

Top Bottom