• ...and so much more!
  • 2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    62   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Dropped into walmart yesterday to get some veggies, made my way back to sporting goods, they now have a limit on shotgun shells--1 box per customer- i grabbed a 4 pack to shoot trap with. shotgun is one thing i don't reload

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Buying cars or houses and fixing them up is flipping according to HGTV, but I look at it as skilled labor getting paid for their work. Now if the work isn’t done correctly and they just cover it with a fresh coat of paint then that is wrong.

At what point does gathering scarce resources constitute flipping, gouging, hoarding? Free markets right? At the present time there is an artificial market being created. High prices will eventually cure high prices. The best course of action is for the retail stores to keep raising their prices. Eventually the panicky people will have enough, the hoarders will say no way and the flippers will have nobody to sell to.
    Trust we sent our stuff back into the world in good order.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Stopped at bass pro yesterday. Ammo limit of 4 boxes / 1 bulk pack (250 rds or more) applied to all ammo including shotshells.

Only rimfires on the shelf as 22lr shotshells. No pistol ammo. Handful of obscure rifle cartridges.

Shotgun was pretty much all turkey/bird hunting loads in subgauges.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    I agree back then there were several calibers as well as most shotgun shells that weren't affected, not so this time.
    True stuff.
    In the last one, there were common game loads/clay loads to be had in all gauges, rifle cartridges including .270 and 30-06 were findable, etc. There were even wheelgun cartridges were to be had here and there.
    The utter breadth of this run is eye-popping.

bsmithg19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Blackford County
    Stopped at bass pro yesterday. Ammo limit of 4 boxes / 1 bulk pack (250 rds or more) applied to all ammo including shotshells.

Only rimfires on the shelf as 22lr shotshells. No pistol ammo. Handful of obscure rifle cartridges.

Shotgun was pretty much all turkey/bird hunting loads in subgauges.
    People are literally buying anything and everything they see even when they don't own anything in that caliber. Way too many flippers in this market, especially when you see 12 gauge slugs selling $20 for a box of 5!

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    I'm sitting tight. If the economy tanks and people are struggling to pay bills- this stuff will start hitting the market and prices will normalize.
    That is the hoped for scenario. What about economy struggles further due to increased Covid restrictions from Washington as unemployment climes due to executive orders. Hope for one, prepare for the other. Loss of up to 70,000 jobs day one......

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I thought Wallyworld was going back into the ammo biz. If that monster of a business cannot stock shelves then it's just not available yet. I am a bit shocked about shotgun shells though.

Top Bottom