• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    People really wait until the last minute huh?

Went to Rural King in Bloomington yesterday, and when checking out the ammo (surprise: nothing but 12 gauge turkey loads) I noticed for the first time ever, exactly 0 handguns in the case. Even the 22lr Heritage Rough Rider revolvers that seem to always be there were gone.

And I've been visiting this particular rural king at least 2 times a week since early October. There's always a handful of handguns... Yesterday was the first day the handgun case was completely empty. It felt a little eerie to be honest, like the panic was in the air.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    People really wait until the last minute huh?

Went to Rural King in Bloomington yesterday, and when checking out the ammo (surprise: nothing but 12 gauge turkey loads) I noticed for the first time ever, exactly 0 handguns in the case. Even the 22lr Heritage Rough Rider revolvers that seem to always be there were gone.

And I've been visiting this particular rural king at least 2 times a week since early October. There's always a handful of handguns... Yesterday was the first day the handgun case was completely empty. It felt a little eerie to be honest, like the panic was in the air.
    Lots of flippers in those lines just like the last time.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I wasn't in to guns like I am now during the last shortage. What you all are used to by now, I'm experiencing for the first time and man it feels weird.

I assume that, like a lot of shooters that came before me and those that will come after me, it takes nothing short of a nationwide ammo/components shortage to realize the true value of having the proper tools and knowledge for handloading. A skill I'll be able to take up in a few years hopefully -- if I can afford it by then..

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    62   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Believe it was 2008 when i first experienced a ammo and gun shortage, was kind of stocked up then, since then i bought cheap and stacked it deep and that includes reloading supplies too. I kinda feel for those that never planned, or new to the game people too, but live and learn i say!!!!!!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Hundred percent. People with nothing to do but stand in front of stores early in the morning, rush in, and buy up whatever they can to flip on Gunbroker or whatever at 3x what they paid. 2013 all over again. Scalping is absolutely endemic to the 2A community.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I just made the mistake of seeing what ammo prices are like on Gunbroker. Eek! No, thanks. I don't need to pay that much for munitions; more importantly, I don't want to support that kind of villainy!
    Check out your favorite calibers on Ammoseek.com. It's absolutely insane. Cheapest 357 mag is per round. 22lr at .35 cents per round. Zero 6.5 grendel. Hell, 50bmg is now cheaper than 357mag

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I started reloading after the last shortage. Unfortunately thats out of the question now for new reloaders as components are just as scarce as ammo. Maybe even more so. I started really stocking up on components in April and May knowing what was coming. Its sad because I enjoy reloading almost as much as shooting.
    And I loath the flippers. Free market I know but Damm flipping ammo is almost like flipping food if the world was starving.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hundred percent. People with nothing to do but stand in front of stores early in the morning, rush in, and buy up whatever they can to flip on Gunbroker or whatever at 3x what they paid. 2013 all over again. Scalping is absolutely endemic to the 2A community.
    And the biker/muscle car community....:)

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    I started reloading after the last shortage. Unfortunately thats out of the question now for new reloaders as components are just as scarce as ammo. Maybe even more so. I started really stocking up on components in April and May knowing what was coming. Its sad because I enjoy reloading almost as much as shooting.
    And I loath the flippers. Free market I know but Damm flipping ammo is almost like flipping food if the world was starving.
    Started reloading in1978. Like to stay ahead of the curve.........lol

Needmorammo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Columbus
    Not sure about other stores, but Columbus Rural King has been doing inventory this week. they were not ordering or receiving any guns or ammo till after it was finished. At least that's the info given by the counter person.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    No waaaay!!!

I have no idea why it put the ambulance in there but I’m leaving it..
    because it's a waaaambulance
    I just made the mistake of seeing what ammo prices are like on Gunbroker. Eek! No, thanks. I don't need to pay that much for munitions; more importantly, I don't want to support that kind of villainy!
    How is it "villain-y" when it's an auction? lol you know people bid what they're willing to pay

Top Bottom