Cheap reflex red dots - are they all the same?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I want to get an inexpensive reflex style red dot for my Buck Mark.

Tru-Glo makes one for $60ish. Gander has the Barska for $60. I've seen people suggest the NCStar for about the same and then I've seen recommendations to go for the SightMark...

They all look about the same. Are they? Does one Chinese manufacturer make the same one under many names?

What do you recommend for that price range? I'm thinking the Tru-Glo because it has two color/four reticle options.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I have this: iTAC RDS1 Red Dot Sight
    It looks like they do not have anymore, and I know some people don't like BoTach, but I ordered one at $74.95 and have it on my Mossberg 500. It is built well (same people built it as the sig red dot) and has held up through a few slugs to get it sighted in.

Don't know where you could get one for that price now though, so I don't know if that helps.

dudish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    I have had very good luck with primary arms sights. I cannot speak for the mentioned brands.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    From what I gathered they all seem to be made by the same factory in China. I have a couple of TruGlo tube red dots and they are pretty durable. I saw this one on amazon last night made by Barska and it got great reviews. It looks a lot like the iTAC (which seems to really be an Aimpoint Micro clone) referenced above.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Barska-1X20mm-Compact-Rifle-Scope/dp/B003GSK864/ref=pd_ys_qtk_wl_img?ie=UTF8&coliid=I29JQIHZ4E6BC4&colid=1U52H69ECL7YH&pf_rd_p=1286263542&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_i=home&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1RV0D2Z6C9YGNPBBFFEY"]Barska Red Dot[/ame]

phred

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Columbus
    I have Sightmarks on my P22 and MKIII and they are OK. I have a regular size on the P22 that has adj brightness and different reticules and a mini on my MKIII that is not adjustable. I would get something with a small MOA dot like a 3 if possible and adjustable brightness if possible. I got mine from Optics Planet and from a seller on Ebay rrages. The ebay seller was fast and has excellent customer service.

Scott

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    I got an NC Star "red dot reflex" on ebay for ten bucks shipped I'll be mounting it to my AK I'll let you know if it sucks... lol
    This one...
    dp3-8.jpg

Last edited:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I just for one of the Primary Arms green reflax sights ordered with a Novak base to throw on my GSG M1911 for a "fun gun" (pics when stuff gets installed).

After the review of it on here, I figured a cheap reflex on a .22 plinker wouldn't be a terrible idea...

I'll let y'all know how it seems to work out after I get it mounted and to the range...

Top Bottom