• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I haven't had too many job changes. Did the paper route thing in grade school and then I worked with my Dad doing park maintenance stuff for a while. In high school I worked for my Uncle on weekends and during the summer. He owned a road construction company. When I graduated and turned 18 I went out working with the road crew.

Started out as a labor doing excavation, demolition concrete and asphalt work. It was there that I learned a lot of different skills related to the industry. Learned how to operate heavy equipment and drive Trucks. Ended up getting my Class A CDL licensee and went from laborer to truck driver hauling equipment with flatbed and lowboy trailers. Also hauled liquid tankers and mobile concrete batch mixers and some dump truck work.

Eventually left the construction company after 18 years and went to work for a trucking company hauling and operating dry bulk pneumatic tankers for another 20 years until I had to retire.

Last edited:

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Granted I have probably matured some, but every time I got to this point with a job, the decision ended up being made for me one way or another. People aren't blind, they can tell when you're miserable.
    In a way, I hope for that. Then I wouldn't have any regrets for quitting.
    Lpherr, To add to what Ark said, people do know when you're down. The flip side of the coin is when it gets that miserable in reality you may not have as much to lose to stand up for yourself. I've been there. You may have done that already. Let them know confindently you are an asset and they're being jerks, or things along that line.

I used to work at a large employer and when there was a pile on, if I thought it was mob mentality, I'd point out to the lead attacker running their mouth of how the person being attacked was better at something then they were. It really evens the playing field and gut punches the agressor. Good Luck

Top Bottom