• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bull Montana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Arlington
    my diagnosis of frequent stove piping in my Beretta 92fs Enoch is a change of extractor, extractor spring. I have purchased replacement extractor spring from Wilson Combat. Now I have to knock out extractor pin. I do not have a punch size to accomplish this. I have searched Brownell’s and found a Beretta kit for “all” punches needed to work on #92. Reviews of this kit are horrible. So, I do not want spend $50 on that. I am looking for Input on size/diameter of pin and size and Quality of punch to do this job. If after I remove extractor itself I see that it is damaged I will replace. Brownell’s have these in stock. Also, I assume you remove from inside slide upward out though the top of slide. Right? Your time and guidance is much appreciated.
    Bull Montana

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Welcome to INGO!

I don't have a direct answer for you, sorry. If you haven't yet spent time on youtube or other handgun / Beretta enthusiast sites watching or reading up on what other people are doing with this issue, I encourage you to do so. I am certain somebody has published a solution for this issue already. INGO may not be specific enough to help you (but I've been wrong before.....). And I'm sure you can find the right punch for the job either on Brownell's or some similar site.

P-jibber

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2019
    Brownstown
    Yes, the pin comes out from inside the slide to the top. The pin is stair stepped in size so it will not come out the bottom. The pin is lightly staked on top of the slide so it doesn't fall out. The staking, in my opinion, is too light so the pin falls out eventually anyways. Knock the pin out from under the slide with any available punch that fits. Its not hard to knock out so there isn't worry of damage. Remember when reinstalling the pin to stake it back in place or it will fall out

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Welcome to INGO.

If you are having frequent stove pipes on the 92, the extractor would be on the list, but wouldn't be the first thing I would look at.

I would be looking more at ammo, ejector, and recoil spring, in that order.

Good luck.

Top Bottom