• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Greenfield, Indiana
    I am far from an expert on roller delayed semi autos & machine guns. It would appear that the Century Arms /MKE Imported MP5 clones are equip with an "unregistered sear" in their SEF packs? I confirmed this with a Century Arms AP5 at my local gun shop, as well as a Zenith clone owned by a friend of mine. It is a part that is identical to the hundreds if not thousands of "HK Sears" registered as machine guns under the NFA! The trigger pack lacks the sear trip lever, 3 position selector. MKE receivers do have a F/A carrier block welded in place to justify the 2 push pin trigger packs. With ATF constantly changing their minds, and raiding people for drawing "pictures" of F/A parts on a credit card size piece of metal. It just seems like owners could set themselves up for a constructive possession charge by a over zealous ATF agent!

HK Auto Sear.jpg

Attachments

• Fleming autosear.jpg
      Fleming autosear.jpg
      220.6 KB · Views: 17
    Last edited:

EMT-Alex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2021
    Anderson
    I wouldn’t have posted it on the internet. Seems like NFA arrests in Indiana are near non-existent. Especially over something as nuanced as that.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I swapped the trigger box on mine as part of 922r compliance. The factory sear wasn’t compatible with my trigger box so I had to replace it as well

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    It doesn't have the sear trip lever, so it really doesn't matter.

Sure the ATF could capriciously change their mind, as they randomly do, but the current configuration is approved by them.

Top Bottom