• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcsatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2021
    Farmland
    Moved to Indiana from Ohio, living in the In-Laws basement until our new house breaks ground. Anyway, I have an Ohio CCW good through 2022. Should I just run that one until then, then grab my Indiana license? Does it really matter?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Read the fine print, some of them are technically no longer valid if you no longer live in the state or at that address

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Do you have an Indiana driver's license yet? If so, get your Indiana LTCH. Keep you application number and just update your address on file with ISP when you move into your new house. It's really easy to do.

If you still have your OH driver's license while living with the in-laws, then I wouldn't worry about it too much for now.

bcsatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2021
    Farmland
    Do you have an Indiana driver's license yet? If so, get your Indiana LTCH. Keep you application number and just update your address on file with ISP when you move into your new house. It's really easy to do.

If you still have your OH driver's license while living with the in-laws, then I wouldn't worry about it too much for now.
    Just got my Indiana drivers license last week. Also just applied for my Indiana LTCH, might as well. So after fingerprints then what, they send you the license?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Just got my Indiana drivers license last week. Also just applied for my Indiana LTCH, might as well. So after fingerprints then what, they send you the license?
    If you mailed the money and papers, then yeah you just have to wait.
    They don't charge to update your address, but they do have a fee if you want a new card with new address on it.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    If you mailed the money and papers, then yeah you just have to wait.
    They don't charge to update your address, but they do have a fee if you want a new card with new address on it.
    Indiana is great. Illinois cost $85 to change address and retain their CCW, and it was not an option. Plus you had to have a FOID card to own weapons or buy ammo.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    House bill 1369 will take care of this problem. There is really something wrong with the picture when you can walk in a license branch lawfully carrying a handgun, and it’s illegal when you walk out.

I thought a good “move the sticks” bill would be allowing new Indiana residents with a valid license to carry 90 to 180 days to get there Indiana LTCH.

hopefully this will be overcome by HB 1369.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Moved to Indiana from Ohio, living in the In-Laws basement until our new house breaks ground. Anyway, I have an Ohio CCW good through 2022. Should I just run that one until then, then grab my Indiana license? Does it really matter?
    Welcome to Indiana. I moved here from Ohio back in 85. Indiana is very gun friendly, unlike certain cities in the peoples republik of buckeyeland. Getting your LTCH was a good move. Enjoy INGO. There are some really good people here.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I started carrying in Indiana when I was a subject of Illinois with a Florida license in 2003 till I got my Illinois CCW, still kept my Florida. The way I read Indiana laws they honor all government issued licenses as long as you are a non-resident. Once you get your Indiana drivers license you are considered an Indiana resident and can only carry on an Indiana license. Really strange not being legal to carry in Indiana after becoming a resident here. Jim.

bcsatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2021
    Farmland
    I started carrying in Indiana when I was a subject of Illinois with a Florida license in 2003 till I got my Illinois CCW, still kept my Florida. The way I read Indiana laws they honor all government issued licenses as long as you are a non-resident. Once you get your Indiana drivers license you are considered an Indiana resident and can only carry on an Indiana license. Really strange not being legal to carry in Indiana after becoming a resident here. Jim.
    That's how I read it. I'm also covered federally being prior LE, if that even matters nowadays, under the LEOSA statute. Either way I just paid my lifetime fee and am waiting for it to clear the system and make my visit to the local county Sheriff. Jumping through hoop after hoop is fine, still carry regardless.

Top Bottom