• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Unless you planning completely removing yourself from the grid lotsa luck in remaining anonymous. From what little I know unless you are totally using only cash, don’t subscribe to any utilities, never file a tax return, don’t receive any public assistance, etc. there is no way you’ll stay under the government radar.
    'Under the gov't radar' - you mean like paying or accepting cash for firearms, or trading firearms for firearms FTF from a like minded citizen of my own state who feels the same way I do about paper?

Unpossible, eh?

Reactions: Mij

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I figure the illegals must have ways of circumventing a lot of the controls and still getting the benefits. Maybe we could learn from them.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I remember several years ago when I bought guns from Fishers Trading Company in Fishers (no longer with us) using a credit card, Jerry the owner would always describe it as "Sporting Goods".

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Just buy a pre paid master card with 500 dollars and buy your online ammo.

I mean you don’t need to have a Mensa IQ to figure out getting around this if you need to use a CC to get something.

I will not state the average IQ for INGO members but it would be higher than average. Then again average seems to be mid double digits if you exclude ability to level up your online character in a video game.

jkholmes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Mooreland
    Just out of curiosity, I don't see anyone mentioning discover cards. While I don't use CC's often, its nice to have an "emergency" card. Wife and I are seriously looking into dropping our Visa card for a discover card just because of this.

Thoughts?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Tracking I would imagine is not the end game, denying the transaction to virtue signal wokeness is. A computer will make this call and having a broad code would cause non firearms transactions to be gummed up as well. At the end of the day we will be buying guns with cash until they get rid of that, maybe then we will resort to barter.

Reactions: Leo

JD1966

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2022
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    No surprise here. Everything you do digitally is captured, critiqued, counted, collected, compared, consigned, converted and sold to anyone they want. They do so with your blessing for agreeing to the terms. They have been selling your soul in exchange for convenience since CC/Banks we’re invented.
    I wasn't so shocked that they're Finally doing this, it just passes me off.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got an email from Rocky Mountain Reloading (a company I've dealt with before with good results):

So, as we have all come to expect, we never can be left alone to just live our lives in peace. In the last couple of days I've been hit with tons of emails asking if we have an alternate form of payment other than credit cards because of the "new rules." I was unaware of any "new rules" so I had to do some research. Well, turns out it's pretty simple. Basically, gun control conspirators apparently were able to get credit card companies to add a merchant code for "gun stores" by going through an international organization. The gun control guys are saying that it will help stop mass shootings. If you are like me and you are wondering how it can possibly prevent gun crime, I imagine they use the same fantasy-world reasoning that they've used for all the other useless rules they've invented. Let's be honest, if reality was considered in any of the left's policies, you wouldn't have to punch someone in the balls for them to know they were a man.

Anyway, even the ultra leftist propaganda media outlets are reporting that it's unclear how it will make any difference. Well, the truth is that it won't. The truth is that it's just another opportunity to control guns by financial gatekeeping. They know that if they can single out gun stores then they can someday add costs or add "rules" or anything to impede the honest sale of anything they disagree with. We saw it with operation "Choke Point" and "Fast and Furious." (If you're not aware of what those were, a google search is sure to get your temperature up). While I don't think that this particular rule change will immediately make any difference whatsoever, it's just one brick in a giant wall that will eventually block us from our freedoms.

So, to alleviate your fears a little, RMR uses the "Sporting Goods" merchant code. Also, I figure that with how well our Nuke expands, if they ever ask me to change our merchant code I'll just call it a "Floral Shop." Or since pretty much all of our product gets planted into the ground I could call it "Agricultural Products."

I hope this clarifies our position on the new credit card "rules." When buying from RMR it is currently a non-issue. That said, if voting was still something I had any faith in, I would urge people to consider this issue when they vote.

Top Bottom