• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pax2000lb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2022
    Fort Wayne
    No surprise here. Everything you do digitally is captured, critiqued, counted, collected, compared, consigned, converted and sold to anyone they want. They do so with your blessing for agreeing to the terms. They have been selling your soul in exchange for convenience since CC/Banks were invented.
    I agree that we exchange privacy for convenience 100%. I’m a software engineer and work with big data so I’m somewhere in the middle on this. Google maps is so much better than other navigation apps because of the mass amounts of data they collect. That’s a convenience that I’m personally willing to give up some privacy for. The problem with big data is that total privacy for anyone that would want that is nearly impossible. Many times you don’t know the extent of the data you are giving up or that it is being collected at all.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Well I guess it's time to just get a total from the guy at the counter, walk over to the ATM and pull out the cash...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Well I guess it's time to just get a total from the guy at the counter, walk over to the ATM and pull out the cash...
    What card are you using at the ATM? VISA or MC?

PremiumAlbacore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2020
    New Albany

I wish that were the option, but shops near me are extremely limited in products available (especially considering my interests), and/or exasperatingly expensive. That’s leaves online purchases. Then I have to consider the fact that I have had my debit card info stolen after using it on a well known firearms related site (they were hacked). That leaves me feeling like I should use a CC. I also doubt big brother is ignorant of what I have anyway.

CitizenX

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Tippecanoe
    I've used pre-paid cc that can be bought just about anywhere for online purchases. They aren't registered to me in anyway. Pay cash for them in person. Don't use any store rewards cards when purchasing. If you really want to go all out, don't take any electronics in the store that can track you or be tracked. Outside of buying an actual firearm, you don't even have to use your real name for shipping and can set up a postal drop that isn't your actual address. There are many different tactics one can use, however, many just don't feel the need to do so because what they are doing is LEGAL to do! The real problem is, why does the government need to know and do they have a right to?

Top Bottom