• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Folks I've switched phones and my little file I kept case law and ICs is no longer with me. I feel almost as naked without them in my phone as if walking around without my glock. After searching through the site here I still can't find them although I've personally bandied them on numerous occasions.

Help a brother out...?

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    35.47.xx - IC

Richardson v. State

Washington v. State

Terry

34-2-8 - employer/firearms

38-28-7 - parking lot law

34-12-3 - self defense legal protection

35-41-3 - castle law

34-28-5-3.5 - Refusal to ID self

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Are we under the impression that access to these things in the middle of a police encounter will get you out of it?

....I think a better idea has something to do with a baconhole and keeping it shut*

*See, Freeman, Kirk, nearly every post.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Are we under the impression that access to these things in the middle of a police encounter will get you out of it?

....I think a better idea has something to do with a baconhole and keeping it shut*

*See, Freeman, Kirk, nearly every post.
    I have never been stopped by a police officer while being armed and had the fact that I'm armed come up, but if I did find myself in that situation I can safely say that retrieving my phone from whatever pocket it's in while armed or in my car is probably not the best idea. I'd rather keep my hands in view so I'm not making an officer's spidey sense tingle too much. Having said that, I really can't think of any situation posted on INGO where that has ever resulted in the individual being let off the hook and on their way. The side of the road is not the place to debate your rights. You will get nowhere.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

The overall offense of "contempt of cop" can usually not be overcome but to be educated is to be armed.

Training with your weapon is as important as staying up on carry laws and case law. Perhaps stating something during a consensual encounter brings a view point not considered before. I think after reading through hours of posts over the years its apparent a bunch of people, some of whom have been charged with enforcing laws, aren't always up on the latest legal findings. And how could they when it evolves as it does?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    .... its apparent a bunch of people, some of whom have been charged with enforcing laws, aren't always up on the latest legal findings. And how could they when it evolves as it does?
    I'm not sure many care when they're on duty. I applaud your effort but in my experience, by the time I'm approached in a lawful command kinda way, no consideration will be given to my thoughts or understandings. Granted my interactions are very, very limited. To question rationale or legality will be viewed as contempt of/ for authority.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I'm not sure many care when they're on duty. I applaud your effort but in my experience, by the time I'm approached in a lawful command kinda way, no consideration will be given to my thoughts or understandings. Granted my interactions are very, very limited. To question rationale or legality will be viewed as contempt of/ for authority.
    Your interactions are "very, very limited" so you have no idea how things really work, right?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    The overall offense of "contempt of cop" can usually not be overcome but to be educated is to be armed.

Training with your weapon is as important as staying up on carry laws and case law. Perhaps stating something during a consensual encounter brings a view point not considered before. I think after reading through hours of posts over the years its apparent a bunch of people, some of whom have been charged with enforcing laws, aren't always up on the latest legal findings. And how could they when it evolves as it does?
    Welcome back. I've missed you the last 7 years. Are you an expert on all the laws now?

Top Bottom