• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The overall offense of "contempt of cop" can usually not be overcome but to be educated is to be armed.

Training with your weapon is as important as staying up on carry laws and case law. Perhaps stating something during a consensual encounter brings a view point not considered before. I think after reading through hours of posts over the years its apparent a bunch of people, some of whom have been charged with enforcing laws, aren't always up on the latest legal findings. And how could they when it evolves as it does?
    Well, they could come to my seminar this Friday in Lafayette, OR next month in Bloomington.

1632337196968.png

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome back. I've missed you the last 7 years. Are you an expert on all the laws now?
    Look if there's something like some purple font or anything else I'm missing I apologize. Seems like you're coming off like a prick Frank. You didn't like the "contempt of cop" phrase? Didn't like bringing up the old thread? If you don't care to learn some laws I guess you could move along. I dont believe I know you and I'm not seeing the humor. Shame on me. Have I done something to you in the past maybe?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Look if there's something like some purple font or anything else I'm missing I apologize. Seems like you're coming off like a prick Frank. You didn't like the "contempt of cop" phrase? Didn't like bringing up the old thread? If you don't care to learn some laws I guess you could move along. I dont believe I know you and I'm not seeing the humor. Shame on me. Have I done something to you in the past maybe?
    Just giving a bit of attitude back that you dished out. Not every cop is ignorant to the law like you made us out to be.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Just giving a bit of attitude back that you dished out. Not every cop is ignorant to the law like you made us out to be.
    I'll have to disagree. There is no way any cop can know all the laws. With all the laws on the books, case law, regulations effecting the law, etc it's impossible. And that is not a slam on leos, it's the same with any profession that deals with the law including lawyers and such. Let alone people who's job doesn't entail knowing the law.

Heck I've educated a few officers on the law, no not during traffic stops/arrests/etc. As an example on another forum discussing the LTCH, tasers and such were brought up. One officer stated that an LTCH was not required. I let them know that for tasers and "electronic stun weapons" that it was, but not for "stun guns". I even provided cites from the IC, they still claimed I was wrong and misreading it. They then checked with the department attorney who checked into it and let him know I was right. That is not a slam on the officer, not at all. He did what he should have done, check with someone who deals with that area of the law to find out.

That being said there are some (a very small minority IMO) of officers who will attempt to enforce the law when they don't know/understand it or attempt to enforce their opinion of what should be instead of the law. Retired Officer Maxey for example.

Top Bottom