Cartel in Indy? How long before? Already there?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Do we think the Cartel might "teach lessons" here, like they did in California?

Maybe I've missed the news on it, but last I seen they don't have suspects for the baby, mother and grandmother murders?

There is also not a lot of national news coverage of the murders, let alone outrage?

Do we think the "normalizing" of this will spread to Indy? Maybe Cartel hits are already here and just mixed in with the routine rising Indy body count?

1674105022358.png

Last edited:

thatpat451

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2023
    Indianapolis
    Don't get me wrong, I do think they probably is someone killed here and there from them, of course. I don't think we will have them being as outlandish as the border states.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    I grew up in Southern California in the 70's and 80's. My best friend's dad was an LA Sheriff Narcotics officer for over 12 years. I remember him telling me in the late 80's that if a city had an international airport, the Columbian and Mexican cartels had a presence in that city. Can only imagine the coverage is well beyond that now.

Emo66

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2021
    Valparaiso
    I saw on the news that Merrillville was listed as a cartel hub also. That threw me until I thought about it. Has to be its proximity to highways 65 and 94. There can’t be enough of a population base to support a cartel hub? I’m sure there is more activity than any of us realize!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We have had 2 either cartel or some kind of Mexican gang members killed in Goshen IN. The last one had a big funeral. I was talking to a guy that lived next to the cemetery. He said there were a couple hundred people that showed for it. He said that law enforcement was also heavily present, keeping an eye on them. Shots were fired at some point (that was in the newspaper).

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Got some confirmation of that?

It's anecdotal but my brother (and I to a lesser extent) had a childhood friend that went down the drug trade career path. A number of years ago something was said about it (his business) and after all these years the particulars have escaped me, but he pretty directly said you don't cross the cartels. They don't just retaliate against you. They get your family too.

Top Bottom