• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I'm going to be the discordant voice here. I don't wear sweatpants in public. I don't wear T-shirts in public. I generally try to present myself in public in reasonably presentable attire.

You may see me checking the mailbox in sweatpants, or doing yard work in a T-shirt, but you won't see me at a restaurant or a store in that attire.

I do care what people think about me in general, and specifically about my appearance. Oh, you sound like a rugged individualist when you say "I don't care what people think about me", but that's part of what's wrong with our country right now, people not caring about what others think of them. Welfare and food stamps used to be a shameful thing. When using them, everyone saw that you were unable to support yourself, and needed government assistance. Now, it's like a badge of honor. People brag about it.

"I don't care what people think about me" is leading this country straight down the sewer. If you're wearing swearpants in public, you've given up.

When you commit to carrying a firearm, seriously commit to it, and adapt your wardrobe to it. Don't adapt your gun to your slovenly manner of dress, or your going to end up carrying some little sissy .22 in your panties. :):

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I don't own any traditional sweat pants (same cotton material as a sweat shirt). But, I do wear the thin gym/running pants regularly around the house and often find I need to make a quick trip out somewhere. I have found that for me, an LCP in a leather IWB holster with a metal clip will bite firmly onto the waistband and tying the draw string tight..not uncomfortably tight holds it in place surprisingly well.
    Granted this is not the ideal method, nor my preferred method of carry and a compromise on gun size and caliber but it seems to be sufficient for those times when I just don't feel like changing to run a quick errand.

I have a friend who is a personal trainer, and he carries this same set up daily while working with clients in the gym...except recently he has started having belt loops sewn on so he can wear a nylon tactical type belt and carry a spare mag pouch.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm going to be the discordant voice here. I don't wear sweatpants in public. I don't wear T-shirts in public. I generally try to present myself in public in reasonably presentable attire.

You may see me checking the mailbox in sweatpants, or doing yard work in a T-shirt, but you won't see me at a restaurant or a store in that attire.

I do care what people think about me in general, and specifically about my appearance. Oh, you sound like a rugged individualist when you say "I don't care what people think about me", but that's part of what's wrong with our country right now, people not caring about what others think of them. Welfare and food stamps used to be a shameful thing. When using them, everyone saw that you were unable to support yourself, and needed government assistance. Now, it's like a badge of honor. People brag about it.

"I don't care what people think about me" is leading this country straight down the sewer. If you're wearing swearpants in public, you've given up.

When you commit to carrying a firearm, seriously commit to it, and adapt your wardrobe to it. Don't adapt your gun to your slovenly manner of dress, or your going to end up carrying some little sissy .22 in your panties. :):
    This right here! We should be encouraging self-respect to all, especially those of us who carry. We are example setters.

If you are gonna go to town, dress for town. You don't get to pick when a self-defense situation could occur.

If you are in a SD situation, do you need to be pajama ready? Kinda ready? A little ready? Almost ready? Ready only for an unarmed attacker? :dunno:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If you wear sweat pants in public to do anything other than going to the gym or a chemotherapy session, you have already given up on life and do not need a firearm.

What a sorry state of affairs in this country, when a man cannot be bothered to even wear actual pants to the grocery store.

The trashy level on sweats in public is right up there with actual pajamas, which show up way too often at Walmart, usually on some land whale wearing flip-flops.

sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN
    This reminds me of a funny story. In my freshman year a college dorm buddy had his uncle visit him. He was an aerospace engineer and test pilot. He showed up driving a Ferrari and wearing a sweatsuit and headband. He took a half dozen of us out for dinner with them. At dinner he told us all to concentrate on studies so that we too can "drive a sports cars and wear a sweatsuit all day." I saw him a handful of other times over the next few years, always in a sweatsuit. The lone exception was for his nephew's graduation when he came wearing dockers and a polo. One of the guys commented that he wasn't in a sweatsuit and he laughed saying, "yeah, I got married."

Though I will say that with the gear I mentioned above there is no problem if you want to carry while wearing sweatpants even if jogging/running/exercising. The problem with a fanny pack is that it can bounce when you run which is really annoying. Having a snug but comfortable dedicated belt hugging your body under your pants is actually more secure than typical IWB setups that clip to a belt over your pants.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom