Carry Permit wait time in Gary Indiana, 5 Months, just to meet with Police department and transmit the records.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XbigcheezX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    NWI
    Ok, well I was hoping some on the forum might be better connected and raise awareness to the issue, but that is apparently not the case. We need to draw some visibility to this to make it matter.

I propose we create a simple website to highlight the current wait times for local law enforcement to submit their paperwork for 5year and lifetime permits, with a map highlighting the wait times. We promote the **** out of it at local ranges and word of mouth. Then we get the press on it, and hopefully it illuminates what is going on in some parts of the state.

Thoughts?

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    The bigger problem is the inefficiency of government. With Covid and "working from home," government agents are simply not doing what they're supposed to do. Combine this with the general entitlement attitude that most (I know this is a big generalization, but in my experience it's fairly accurate) government workers already have, and you get major gridlock. Indiana is one of the good states, FYI. In my profession I've dealt with DOR agents who've straight up told me not to send them anything because they're not going to work on it.

Which is why, as was said above, we need as many iron glad constitutionally guaranteed rights as we can have.

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    I think I had to go a week out for my appointment in Griffith (right next to Gary)

The real issue is that the applications expire after 6 months, if they have you waiting that long you'll have to re-apply and get fingerprinted again

WeAreJustice

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2021
    Warsaw
    I know I'm late to the thread, but anyone looking to get their LTCH, current timelines for the lifetime permit are shown below. Once you go to your local PD to pay the fee, Indiana Stare Police is currently taking 40 - 45 days to approve the submitted application with an additional 2 - 5 days for the permit to arrive via USPS.

Application completed: 10/15/2020
    Fingerprints completed: 11/23/2020
    Local PD payment: 03/05/2021
    Submitted to ISP: 03/05/2021
    Permit issued: 04/13/2021
    Permit printed: 04/14/2021
    Permit delivered: 04/16/2021

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Gary has been a turd plugged drain since the election in 1967. If you removed every single excuse, nothing would be improved. The State and Federal taxpayers have poured truckloads of money into the city and it just gets worse. We were glad to get out, even though we lost a lifetime worth of assets. I feel sorry for the good citizens that have to submit to the tyranny of the whole governmental system.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Gary has been a turd plugged drain since the election in 1967. If you removed every single excuse, nothing would be improved. The State and Federal taxpayers have poured truckloads of money into the city and it just gets worse. We were glad to get out, even though we lost a lifetime worth of assets. I feel sorry for the good citizens that have to submit to the tyranny of the whole governmental system.
    Those truckloads of money go into pockets not the city.

Top Bottom