• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A potential employer, even a school corporation, does not have access to the LTCH database. Besides, LOTS of teachers hold LTCHs.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    They did however have a meeting regarding use of social media at the beginning of the school year. They showed a bunch of examples of teachers across the country who were fired for various things. One of which involved a picture of a teacher, posing with a rifle (we thought this was pretty odd). There were many that involved alcoholic beverages in hand, etc... In most cases, they were private, but word got out eventually. In all cases, the pictures were posted by the said teachers. Apparently it is different if someone else posts the picture of them. It's pretty bizarre, but they all have to be 'Mother Theresa' nowadays. So I understand your concern.

Heaven forbid a teacher get caught consuming an adult beverage! So we can't fire teachers for ineptitude, but we can for engaging in legal activities in their free time?

I'd call BS, in my experience it's incredibly hard to fire a teacher. Ever here of the Rubber Rooms in NYC?

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Wow...

My wife got a pat on the back from her vice principal one day when she drove my truck with a NRA sticker on it lol

I could see it being an issue if you had a far left administration but they wouldn't have to know

exphys2010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Sellersburg
    Thanks for the replies and info everyone. I relayed the message to her and she has now successfully completed her application for the license. Hopefully she will be receiving it before too long. Thanks again!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    My wife is a teacher and has her license. AFAIK it has never came up and the school has NO way of knowing unless they have insiders in LE that are willing to "check into somebody" or if somebody directly tells them that she has it.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    My wife is a Principal and has her LTCH and her own gun. She does not carry it to school however. If she could see that they had one she would never discriminate against anyone for that.

As a principal she should be fighting the board to let ALL teachers carry if they choose. They would receive free firearm and self defense training as well as Indiana firearm law information from the leading authority om the subject, Guy Relford.

Top Bottom