• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If you don't mind, I'm going to ask some questions as I think of them to save time when I get there and because I might forget to ask.

When you say that a mandatory reload will be required after 6 rounds, am I able to drop a partially loaded mag? I know some disciplines allow it and others don't if I recall correctly.

When I finish a stage, possibly I will only have a partially filled mag to put back into the pistol. Will I be able to replace the partial mag with fully loaded mags before the next stage? Or will I start with whatever I have, and put a full mag in my pocket/mag pouch and reload as necessary?

Not sure if it matters but my mags hold 7 or 8 rounds total. (M&P Shield)

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    If you don't mind, I'm going to ask some questions as I think of them to save time when I get there and because I might forget to ask.

When you say that a mandatory reload will be required after 6 rounds, am I able to drop a partially loaded mag? I know some disciplines allow it and others don't if I recall correctly.

When I finish a stage, possibly I will only have a partially filled mag to put back into the pistol. Will I be able to replace the partial mag with fully loaded mags before the next stage? Or will I start with whatever I have, and put a full mag in my pocket/mag pouch and reload as necessary?

Not sure if it matters but my mags hold 7 or 8 rounds total. (M&P Shield)
    The mandatory reload after 6 is true for most stages but there will be some that don't require a reload and some that will be a mandatory reload after 4 (box to box shooting). You will be told at each stage. The mandatory after six was to let revolvers be competitive with semi autos. Honestly there aren't a lot of revolvers that showed up to this match.

You can drop loaded mags and use them later. There will be time to top off if needed whenever you feel that is necessary.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Registration will close tomorrow at 1900 (7:00)

2nd gun for $10. Please have correct change. A shooter will not be bumped from their spot for your 2nd gun if they are present and ready at their registered time or before.

Set up is Friday evening and staff will shoot either Friday evening or Saturday morning.

If weather is an issue, we will post here by 0730. Right now, rain is predicted in the afternoon

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Registration will close tomorrow at 1900 (7:00)

2nd gun for $10. Please have correct change. A shooter will not be bumped from their spot for your 2nd gun if they are present and ready at their registered time or before.

Set up is Friday evening and staff will shoot either Friday evening or Saturday morning.

If weather is an issue, we will post here by 0730. Right now, rain is predicted in the afternoon
    For those not familiar with Riley, this match will be on Bay 7 at the back of the range. The gate should be open. Drive through and stay to the "right" and follow road to the back. It is the last bay on your left.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    To clarify the 2nd gun rule

A limited gun may shoot open

An open gun cannot shoot limited. Definitions are in the OP
    How long does it take on average to shoot all the stages? I mean I know some are blazing fast and some are mortals but is it conceivable to shoot all the stages twice in the 15 minute time allotment?

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    How long does it take on average to shoot all the stages? I mean I know some are blazing fast and some are mortals but is it conceivable to shoot all the stages twice in the 15 minute time allotment?
    Depends on how many mags you have

I don't think it will take 15 minutes to shoot all the stages. Shooting twice in 15 minutes would be a major feat if you only have a few mags

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thanks for putting this on! It was fun and I placed about where I expected, lol. The good news is I have room to move up. :)

I don't know yet how to read the scores and I wish I could remember what each COF was, but it will come eventually. I'm guessing points are given based on the hits and factored into the overall time some way. I'll do some research on how things are scored.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Thanks for putting this on! It was fun and I placed about where I expected, lol. The good news is I have room to move up. :)

I don't know yet how to read the scores and I wish I could remember what each COF was, but it will come eventually. I'm guessing points are given based on the hits and factored into the overall time some way. I'll do some research on how things are scored.
    Basically, it is uspsa minor scoring. It is the amount of points score divided by time

Simplified
    Points/seconds

Alpha (A) zone=5 points per shot in that zone (both an upper/lower a zone on uspsa metric target)
    Charlie=3 points
    Delta=1 point
    Miss (M)=(-)10

We didn't have any "no shoot" targets this time which complicates things further

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009

1. Door stage
    2. 2 to the body, reload, one to the head
    3. 2 to the target, reload 2 to the targets
    4. 20 yard bill drill
    5. 12 round stage with mandatory reload somewhere
    6. 4 knockdown steel
    7. 2 per target around one side of barricade, reload,, 2 per target on opposite side of barricade
    8. 2 per target strong hand, reload, 2 per target weakhand

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Basically, it is uspsa minor scoring. It is the amount of points score divided by time

Simplified
    Points/seconds

Alpha (A) zone=5 points per shot in that zone (both an upper/lower a zone on uspsa metric target)
    Charlie=3 points
    Delta=1 point
    Miss (M)=(-)10

We didn't have any "no shoot" targets this time which complicates things further
    Okay, so looking at the 20 Yard Bill Drill, since I missed, shouldn't my score be 3? One A, 2 C's and 2 D's and 1 Miss? Or is that calculated in the Stg pts vs just points?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    1. Door stage
    2. 2 to the body, reload, one to the head
    3. 2 to the target, reload 2 to the targets
    4. 20 yard bill drill
    5. 12 round stage with mandatory reload somewhere
    6. 4 knockdown steel
    7. 2 per target around one side of barricade, reload,, 2 per target on opposite side of barricade
    8. 2 per target strong hand, reload, 2 per target weakhand
    Nice, thanks.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Okay, so looking at the 20 Yard Bill Drill, since I missed, shouldn't my score be 3? One A, 2 C's and 2 D's and 1 Miss? Or is that calculated in the Stg pts vs just points?
    I'm not sure what your scores are.

The raw score is 13. With a Miss, that's a 10 point penalty. What practiscore doesn't show is score after penalties. Your hit factor would be 3 points divided time.

The scoring gets a little confusing (if you let it) after "hit factor"

The highest hit factor gets all the stage points. Each person gets stage points based on the percentage they shoot compared to the stage winner.

If you are exactly 90% of stage winner, you get 27 stage points for that stage (overly simplified as it calculates to the nearest ten thousandths)

Top Bottom