• gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm not sure what your scores are.

The raw score is 13. With a Miss, that's a 10 point penalty. What practiscore doesn't show is score after penalties. Your hit factor would be 3 points divided time.

The scoring gets a little confusing (if you let it) after "hit factor"

The highest hit factor gets all the stage points. Each person gets stage points based on the percentage they shoot compared to the stage winner.

If you are exactly 90% of stage winner, you get 27 stage points for that stage (overly simplified as it calculates to the nearest ten thousandths)
    Thanks. If I start shooting USPSA, I'll just let the scorekeepers take care of it. I'll be able to see my placement and if I shoot the same COF any improvements.

It will be some time before I can start to play the "game" and figure out the better ways to play it. I figure in the end, you have to be both fast and accurate.

So, should I try steel challenge next weekend? Or USPSA? Both?

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Thanks. If I start shooting USPSA, I'll just let the scorekeepers take care of it. I'll be able to see my placement and if I shoot the same COF any improvements.

It will be some time before I can start to play the "game" and figure out the better ways to play it. I figure in the end, you have to be both fast and accurate.

So, should I try steel challenge next weekend? Or USPSA? Both?
    Steel challenge is basically hit 5 pieces of steel as fast as you can. Most people are shooting 22 in that right now but there are some center fire divisions. It's probably more fun with a 22 vs centerline

What you shot today on stage 5 was a very small and easy version of a uspsa course of fire.

Steel challenge stages are standardized and geared towards shooting fast. (Most people dry fire these stages with stickers put on a wall)

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Steel challenge is basically hit 5 pieces of steel as fast as you can. Most people are shooting 22 in that right now but there are some center fire divisions. It's probably more fun with a 22 vs centerline

What you shot today on stage 5 was a very small and easy version of a uspsa course of fire.

Steel challenge stages are standardized and geared towards shooting fast. (Most people dry fire these stages with stickers put on a wall)
    That being said. Steel challenge is the easiest thing to learn. I don't want to bash it, I do shoot both but ive only been shooting .22LR this year.

Top Bottom