• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    You can't. Magnetometers will be out in full force. Only ON-DUTY LE allowed to be armed. This is for race day. Not certain this will be the case for Carb Day or the Saturday events. Penske's rules.

Guess I'll just have to carry my Glock 7 to the race this year...

1682957858579.png

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Wonder if NASCAR will soon announce their new anti-gun policy to mimic Penske?

In 2013 some dude offed himself in the infield at Texas motor speedway. Every track I've been to since does not allow firearms in the track. I'm pretty sure MIS is still owned by Penske.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On the bright side, The town of speedway isnt as sketch as say downtown Indy. And my understanding is during the race events violent crime is pretty low. So not the end of the world if you cant carry that day.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    On the bright side, The town of speedway isnt as sketch as say downtown Indy. And my understanding is during the race events violent crime is pretty low. So not the end of the world if you cant carry that day.

With all due respect sir, we shouldn't marginalize gun control by declaring an area safe, with no need for the constitutional right to self defense.

Technically by the numbers, our schools are safe. No need to have any firearms on premises. Yet we know the direction these gun free zones have gone.

:twocents:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    With all due respect sir, we shouldn't marginalize gun control by declaring an area safe, with no need for the constitutional right to self defense.

Technically by the numbers, our schools are safe. No need to have any firearms on premises. Yet we know the direction these gun free zones have gone.

:twocents:
    No offense taken. Sometimes you just have to decide is the event worth it given the new rules.

I look at the state fair and decide whether I REALLY want to risk it since I know I cant carry, and gang bangers work in teams to smuggle guns over the fence, negating the detectors.

In that case, I simply park in the infield, show up early on a weekday, and am gone by sunset.

SmokingTrigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2023
    Hancock County
    I've accepted the fact if a mass shooter is going to get me, it will be at IMS. I believe even for practice last year I had to pass through a metal detector.

IMS is the only place even though I know sometimes I can get away with it I do not carry.

I love the Indy 500 so much my dog is named Indy. I don't want to risk getting caught and never being allowed back.

Amac91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    NWI
    I haven’t been to the 500 in years (wife and I are going this year) but when we went to the Grand Prix last year, I was blown away by how lax the security was on the way in. When we walked in, our cooler check was nothing more then a glance at the cans on top. I could have had a AR broken down underneath it and the wouldn’t have noticed.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    More gun free zone bs. And the criminals will always get theirs inside.
    I do feel relatively safe at the track. If someone is going to hit it, they will just rush the gates or use something bigger than a firearm. It can happen anywhere in today's society. Whether by Falseflag or domestic terrorists.

Edit: I'll just cite operation Northwoods, since I'll have people calling me a nutter over the falseflag comment. Yep, the highest levels of our government actually recomended attacks on our own people to the president (jfk) to get their war.
    That was in the 60's. I trust the current govt even less and they'd do it in a heartbeat and probably have.
    Have a great day!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Ain’t no way; Ain’t no how! To quote the Wizard of Oz! Even saw Doug Boles testing the new magnetometers being used at the Speedway entrances. Seemed to work perfectly. :runaway:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Last year when driving in (infield parking) they stopped cars in blocks and had dogs sniff around them. I wasn’t directly searched nor was my truck.

I suspect if I wanted to I could bring in a firearm with infield parking unless these dogs can smell firearms / gun powder (I have no idea).

The cop I BSed with while my block of vehicles was being sniffed basically alluded to them searching for bombs and not drugs.

Personally I won’t be trying to carry in - way too many people in way too small a space. I can’t imagine many if any situations where collateral damage wouldn’t be a major concern.

I do plan on having a small knife suspended from my neck under my shirt which I always have.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The scannie-thingees are being hyped. I'm sure they will be ready to kick it old-school if the new fangled whiz-bangery pukes under pressure.

Top Bottom