• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Last year when driving in (infield parking) they stopped cars in blocks and had dogs sniff around them. I wasn’t directly searched nor was my truck.

I suspect if I wanted to I could bring in a firearm with infield parking unless these dogs can smell firearms / gun powder (I have no idea).

The cop I BSed with while my block of vehicles was being sniffed basically alluded to them searching for bombs and not drugs.

Personally I won’t be trying to carry in - way too many people in way too small a space. I can’t imagine many if any situations where collateral damage wouldn’t be a major concern.

I do plan on having a small knife suspended from my neck under my shirt which I always have.
    The bomb sniffing dogs also alert on gunpowder (whole ammo) and residue. It's an explosive, after all.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Last year when driving in (infield parking) they stopped cars in blocks and had dogs sniff around them. I wasn’t directly searched nor was my truck.

I suspect if I wanted to I could bring in a firearm with infield parking unless these dogs can smell firearms / gun powder (I have no idea).

The cop I BSed with while my block of vehicles was being sniffed basically alluded to them searching for bombs and not drugs.

Personally I won’t be trying to carry in - way too many people in way too small a space. I can’t imagine many if any situations where collateral damage wouldn’t be a major concern.

I do plan on having a small knife suspended from my neck under my shirt which I always have.
    They are doing that again this year. But they are concerned about bombs, not guns.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    They are doing that again this year. But they are concerned about bombs, not guns.
    Indeed.

I find it interesting the 'double standard' for those coming in via vehicle vs those walking in. Probably due to how much longer it would take to get all of the vehicles in if they pulled everyone out and searched them individually and how long it would take to remove everything from the vehicles and to through them [coolers, bags, etc].

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Indeed.

I find it interesting the 'double standard' for those coming in via vehicle vs those walking in. Probably due to how much longer it would take to get all of the vehicles in if they pulled everyone out and searched them individually and how long it would take to remove everything from the vehicles and to through them [coolers, bags, etc].
    Its just a dog and pony show to put the ignorant at ease.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    More gun free zone bs. And the criminals will always get theirs inside.
    I do feel relatively safe at the track. If someone is going to hit it, they will just rush the gates or use something bigger than a firearm. It can happen anywhere in today's society. Whether by Falseflag or domestic terrorists.
    And now the people waiting in line to go thru the gates, very slowly, are a great target.
    Very target reach environment compared to the absence of security screening, and wild open gates.
    Security check points are always great choke points.

A few years back in Paris we had a terrorist attack tourists at le Louvre museum.
    He showed up with a machette and attacked the people who were waiting in line, before they could go thru the metal detectors.
    Of course some morons asked for "more security measures" after the attack ...
    I guess like a second set of metal detectors before the first ones. :dunno: :ugh:

Top Bottom