• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    They did not when my son graduated in Dec 2021! Wife’s purse was checked but that is all. Congrats to the graduating party. Purdue does it right. A-lot of pomp and circumstance!

Reactions: Mij

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    They did not when my son graduated in Dec 2021! Wife’s purse was checked but that is all. Congrats to the graduating party. Purdue does it right. A-lot of pomp and circumstance!

Thanks, I’ll pass on the congrats. My wife of 35+ yrs is the grad. She’ll be 63, I’m just not going unarmed. Not to Tippy. County.

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    So were they checking?

My nephew graduates from Purdue Fort Wayne at the Memorial Coliseum on Wednesday.
    No, no wanding, no walk thru scanners. Uniformed PUPD at the doors keeping close watch. (Hi visibility) No trouble whatsoever that I saw. 1 creepy looking gang banger dude. (Hoody pulled over head, pants around ankles), I’m sure he was on someone’s radar.

Saw two other armed guys, they thought they were concealed, either detectives, bankers, or used car salesman. Capacity crowd 10,000+

I was disappointed at the changes on campus, I’ll do my best to not go back.

Congrats for your nephew, go, have a great time. Eat out of town afterwards. Just a suggestion.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    No, no wanding, no walk thru scanners. Uniformed PUPD at the doors keeping close watch. (Hi visibility) No trouble whatsoever that I saw. 1 creepy looking gang banger dude. (Hoody pulled over head, pants around ankles), I’m sure he was on someone’s radar.

Saw two other armed guys, they thought they were concealed, either detectives, bankers, or used car salesman. Capacity crowd 10,000+

I was disappointed at the changes on campus, I’ll do my best to not go back.

Congrats for your nephew, go, have a great time. Eat out of town afterwards. Just a suggestion.
    IU was using walk through detectors and bag searches for their graduation this past weekend. We were at the football stadium. Graduating class was a record 10k+. Big class... Very different security postures.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    IU was using walk through detectors and bag searches for their graduation this past weekend. We were at the football stadium. Graduating class was a record 10k+. Big class... Very different security postures.
    Cause IU people are shady characters.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    No signage, detectors, bag checks.

Limited police presence. The one officer was helping the ushers move chairs rather than being observant and situationally aware.

Sat near an exit with concrete cover and glad I carried.

Nephew graduated which was the main goal.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom