• ...and so much more!
  • Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Never heard this term until it popped up in another thread. So much wrong going on here.

"[Not exactly carbon credits per se but this will give you some idea of the stupidity...

]"

The fact that you can basically "buy" regulatory credit is absolutely asinine.

A.) Gee it's not like that's setting a standard of "have money?, rule of law exemption for you!"

B.) WTAF purpose do gov't mandates have if they have these sort of provisions in the first place. Let's just legislate the legislative legislations. That'll fix 'em! Anything except admitting those in charge (.gov & big $) are making stupid decisions on top of stupid decisions.

To stop from getting more irritated at .gov, I will just poke fun at it. Honestly that has to be one of the most ridiculous terms ever. Carbon credit? You owe me air? Is Tesla really launching rockets to build MegaMaid? I can't breathe....(Rant over)

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Years ago I recall Al Gore talking about carbon credits. All Dem pols are phonies, but Gore ranks way up there.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Europeans have a similar system already in place. Airlines in Europe essentially have to buy carbon offsets for their evil carbon emissions.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Yeah, I always feel really guilty about my carbon footprint when shooting a Hawkens.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Europeans have a similar system already in place. Airlines in Europe essentially have to buy carbon offsets for their evil carbon emissions.
    Meanwhile, the morons that put these laws into place are flying around all willy-nilly in jets like they are yellow cab. Makes sense.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Wait till the eco-crats realize we are in the beginning stages of a 100 year Grand Solar Minimum. The world will be getting colder, not warmer.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Never heard this term until it popped up in another thread. So much wrong going on here.

"[Not exactly carbon credits per se but this will give you some idea of the stupidity...

]"

The fact that you can basically "buy" regulatory credit is absolutely asinine.

A.) Gee it's not like that's setting a standard of "have money?, rule of law exemption for you!"

B.) WTAF purpose do gov't mandates have if they have these sort of provisions in the first place. Let's just legislate the legislative legislations. That'll fix 'em! Anything except admitting those in charge (.gov & big $) are making stupid decisions on top of stupid decisions.

To stop from getting more irritated at .gov, I will just poke fun at it. Honestly that has to be one of the most ridiculous terms ever. Carbon credit? You owe me air? Is Tesla really launching rockets to build MegaMaid? I can't breathe....(Rant over)

All of these "green" programs are nothing other than wealth transfer schemes.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Wait till the eco-crats realize we are in the beginning stages of a 100 year Grand Solar Minimum. The world will be getting colder, not warmer.
    When that happens it is an extreme weather event brought on by climate change.
    Ever notice in the summer they might tell you the temperature but that is immediately followed by the "Heat Index" or what it feels like with temperature and humidity? Which is BS. I have been in hot and humid and dry and humid and they are no where near the same. Does sound more extreme when you can say that 85 has a heat index of 97 though.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Carbon credits, as I understand it, is nothing but a shell game. A way of extorting money. In essence, companies who don’t reduce their carbon output can get a pass if they pay enough to keep from being “penalized” by the government.

I‘ve never understood what happens to the money being paid for carbon credits. what ultimate good is accomplished ?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Meanwhile, the morons that put these laws into place are flying around all willy-nilly in jets like they are yellow cab. Makes sense.
    Never forget that it's about money and power. If Gore actually believed in the horseshit he is selling he would NOT be running around on one of those evil jets and would not have had a house sucking down as much energy as about any 20 of his neighbors in Nashville. By contrast, GWB, flawed as he may have been, has his home in Texas set up to be the awesome dream of environmentalists and off-gridders alike and never says a peep about it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Carbon credits, as I understand it, is nothing but a shell game. A way of extorting money. In essence, companies who don’t reduce their carbon output can get a pass if they pay enough to keep from being “penalized” by the government.

I‘ve never understood what happens to the money being paid for carbon credits. what ultimate good is accomplished ?
    The intent was to set up an exchange that works like any other commodity exchange where credits could be bought and sold like any tangible good, obviously with the deck stacked for the Gores of the world to make obscene profits by selling permission to pollute/generate useful economic activity.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

It's a "leagalized" ponzi scheme....much like "social security".

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I like to cut down old growth trees that have huge canopies. look under them, there's nothing growing. the evil 1% of trees steal all the resources from the little guy. like they need to get any bigger.

cut them down and redistribute what they have to all the little guys

Top Bottom