Can't wear a Jesus Saves shirt in the Mall of America?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Foolish reply......
    Foolish use of an ellipsis.
    What's your argument?

Look, I'm not saying we shouldn't struggle to maintain our religious freedom, I'm just saying perspective is always a valuable tool.

Plus, I really don't know how this guy acted when the cameras weren't rolling or what the history is here, so, IMHO, it is irrational to go off half cocked based on a story from a provocateur website (The Blaze) with a clear bias.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Foolish use of an ellipsis.
    What's your argument?

Look, I'm not saying we shouldn't struggle to maintain our religious freedom, I'm just saying perspective is always a valuable tool.

Plus, I really don't know how this guy acted when the cameras weren't rolling or what the history is here, so, IMHO, it is irrational to go off half cocked based on a story from a provocateur website (The Blaze) with a clear bias.
    Because one's persecutoion may not be as severe as another person's is no reason for your snide remarks.

Since when are you the judge and jury as to what is considered severe enough persecution for it to mentioned or spoken about?

Maybe we need to get all posts approved by you before we post them?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The more I read about this, the more it looks like a decision by one guard that was rather quickly reversed. Should it have ever happened? No, but no matter what label we hang on the incident, some perspective is called for. Just my :twocents:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I tend to agree with HM. The more I hear about this, it sounds like the Mall handled it well enough, overall. Approaching the guy over such a tame shirt would have been necessary under normal circumstances. But subsequent information seems to indicate these were not normal circumstances, because the person in question was a PITA in past history and well-known to Mall employees. It seems likely the Mall approached him as a shot across the bow because they'd already trespassed him recently, and they were trying to prevent a repeat occurrence. Their job is to head-off situations and make sure PITA customers don't annoy other customers, and it sounds like they succeeded. Kanye Guy was allowed to continue with his shopping day and everything ended up copacetic.

Edit: I will add, though, that if a follow-up "Yellow Shirt Day" occurs at the Mall over this incident, who the twisted-panty snowflakes might have been in this situation, will come into clearer focus.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Because one's persecutoion may not be as severe as another person's is no reason for your snide remarks.

Since when are you the judge and jury as to what is considered severe enough persecution for it to mentioned or spoken about?

Maybe we need to get all posts approved by you before we post them?
    Wait a second - You replied this to my post:

Foolish reply......
    Then you come back and try and accuse me of trying shut down a discussion?! That's some drunken master verbal jujitsu.

:n00b:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Likely. I haven't clicked the link provided by the OP, but rather read about it on one of the national news feeds I review in the AM.
    My brother has been in TV news industry for decades, and even he agrees with your view about media.
    Wait: so you were admonishing/berating others for not reading an article that you yourself didn't read? Am I following correctly?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I tend to agree with HM. The more I hear about this, it sounds like the Mall handled it well enough, overall. Approaching the guy over such a tame shirt would have been necessary under normal circumstances. But subsequent information seems to indicate these were not normal circumstances, because the person in question was a PITA in past history and well-known to Mall employees. It seems likely the Mall approached him as a shot across the bow because they'd already trespassed him recently, and they were trying to prevent a repeat occurrence. Their job is to head-off situations and make sure PITA customers don't annoy other customers, and it sounds like they succeeded. Kanye Guy was allowed to continue with his shopping day and everything ended up copacetic.

Edit: I will add, though, that if a follow-up "Yellow Shirt Day" occurs at the Mall over this incident, who the twisted-panty snowflakes might have been in this situation, will come into clearer focus.
    The man should not have been approached - much less, attempted to be trespassed - merely for wearing a shirt that doesn't violate mall policy, regardless of his past behavior.

360willys

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2019
    South Bend
    malls are turning into **** wholes. I won't go to the UP mall in Mishawaka anymore. You can't carry but every gang banger in South bend has a gun there.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    malls are turning into **** wholes. I won't go to the UP mall in Mishawaka anymore. You can't carry but every gang banger in South bend has a gun there.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Plus, no Brown's Sporting Goods, no County Seat, no Camelot Music, no Chess King, no Osco, no Hudson's.....

Top Bottom