• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    It's been a problem for a while. I've PMed them on your behalf.

Also, Fenway sold the site and it is now owned by Texkev. I'm asking them to change that as well.

Jlauth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2016
    North Side
    Churchmouse, pudly I appreciate you escalating this but still no luck. Texkev made an attempt so I tried to pm you guys and que with no luck.

Here is a screen shot of the issue.

Screenshot_20160927-113616.png

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    just run up to 51 posts in this thread... a.... b.... c.... d....

Not bad advice in this case if you are in a big rush to get to 50 for PMs. Normally, that would be a big no-no. The owner/mods aren't on the site full-time, so getting this fixed can take anywhere up to a day.

Jlauth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2016
    North Side
    I hate to do that. I'm not in a big rush. Looking to sell my Ruger sr556...but no huge hurry. But still I mostly lurk and read on this fourm and others at this point. I don't have a lot of expertise to pass along here really.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I hate to do that. I'm not in a big rush. Looking to sell my Ruger sr556...but no huge hurry. But still I mostly lurk and read on this fourm and others at this point. I don't have a lot of expertise to pass along here really.
    Hey, you are showing 50 now.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Mods...I'm having a similar issue. I try to send out a PM and get sent to a notification saying I have one post and can only PM certain mods. Which is what I'm trying to do. Tried to PM Que and Fenway to no avail. Kept getting sent to the same notification.

Churchmouse, pudly I appreciate you escalating this but still no luck. Texkev made an attempt so I tried to pm you guys and que with no luck.

Here is a screen shot of the issue.

Screenshot_20160927-113616.png

Of note, that's the whole mod team, all 11 of us.

Fenway has sold the site, as noted, and LWM is our I.T. guy.

Jlauth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2016
    North Side
    Appreciate the help guys. I will attempt another PM to Que regarding the classifieds. I'll report back if I have any more issues.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You should be fine on the classifieds now. You have 50+ posts (due to the adjustment), so you should be fine for both PMs and the classifieds. Feel free to test.

You can also give yourself a super-cool label instead of "Plinker" now if you want.

Very important: There is a sticky at the top of the classifieds forums. Be sure to read it before posting there. The mods are pretty strict on posts in the classifieds due to a history of problems.

Jlauth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2016
    North Side
    Yes I have seen the sticky I will reread it again to make sure I comply. I can understand how these fourm classifieds get questionable at times especially when selling firearms.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Yes I have seen the sticky I will reread it again to make sure I comply. I can understand how these fourm classifieds get questionable at times especially when selling firearms.

You are a site supporter. You are free you post in the ads section. Thank you for supporting the site! :ingo: Get that gun up for sale....

CRAZYH0RSE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2014
    Crawfordville
    Any updates on this?

I became a site supporter and attempted to private messaged the user Scutter01 to remove the post count restriction on my account. However, when attempting to message him (which is what is directed to do on the paid subscriptions page) it notifies me of the following:

"Scutter01 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Can someone assist me in removing the post count restriction? Also seems like the message on the paid subscriptions page should be adjusted if Scutter01 isn't allowing PMs: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/payments.php

Top Bottom