• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Virch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2018
    Greenville
    Can't comment on the saftey. But, can comment on the Tisas 1911A1. Picked up one a few months ago. What a sweeeeet shooter she is.
    I just picked one up at the end of December. It's the 1911A1 GI model. I'm in love. It's spoiled me for all other triggers, except on my double action Smiths.

GRAVES219

Black Rifles Matter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2021
    Hobart
    I just picked one up at the end of December. It's the 1911A1 GI model. I'm in love. It's spoiled me for all other triggers, except on my double action Smiths.
    100% AGREE, My EDC is a S&W 5904. I Can't decide which I like more now.

GRAVES219

Black Rifles Matter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2021
    Hobart
    If it was that difficult to remove... I wonder how it's gonna go back together once there's more material in the way...
    WELL, since the factory coating gets stripped off, that will make it have less resistance in that area, however, depending on how thick the plating is laid down, I may have to persuade the opening in the frame a touch

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    WELL, since the factory coating gets stripped off, that will make it have less resistance in that area, however, depending on how thick the plating is laid down, I may have to persuade the opening in the frame a touch
    Do not open up the frame. Just don't. You should have verified the fit by reassembling the gun before you proceed to getting the parts recoated. I have been into more of these than I can count or remember. If you have to pry it apart then something is wrong. A hammer should not be required. Or a pry bar of any kind. Putting the cart in front of the horse.

It's you gun but know that you are into one of the most critical control sections. Please be careful and do the right thing when you get the parts back. Modifying the frame is not one of them.

GRAVES219

Black Rifles Matter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2021
    Hobart
    Do not open up the frame. Just don't. You should have verified the fit by reassembling the gun before you proceed to getting the parts recoated. I have been into more of these than I can count or remember. If you have to pry it apart then something is wrong. A hammer should not be required. Or a pry bar of any kind. Putting the cart in front of the horse.

It's you gun but know that you are into one of the most critical control sections. Please be careful and do the right thing when you get the parts back. Modifying the frame is not one of them.
    After hours of trying, and reading watching tons of videos of people taking them apart, I didn’t once do anything that wasn’t recommended to do.

I didn’t pry or bend anything at all. When I get all the parts back, I’ll try to recreate the method I used to get it out. And I’ll make sure it all fits properly and is working before I even attempt to fully reassemble.

I’m not new to firearms, but am new to 1911s. I definitely did not wanna do anything to ruin my brand new weapon.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After hours of trying, and reading watching tons of videos of people taking them apart, I didn’t once do anything that wasn’t recommended to do.

I didn’t pry or bend anything at all. When I get all the parts back, I’ll try to recreate the method I used to get it out. And I’ll make sure it all fits properly and is working before I even attempt to fully reassemble.

I’m not new to firearms, but am new to 1911s. I definitely did not wanna do anything to ruin my brand new weapon.
    You tube can be your friend. It has been mine on a few occasions. But it can also give bad info.
    Having been seriously involved in the 1911 platform for a long time I see some of these videos and cringe.
    I have had to persuade a few thumb safeties to remove them, but I always locate and rectify the reason they are not cooperating. And then run multiple safety function checks. That safety ties into the ignition group and can, if improperly installed/modified, cause serious problems. I come off strong when discussing this as I really don't want anyone getting hurt. Simple as that.

GRAVES219

Black Rifles Matter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2021
    Hobart
    You tube can be your friend. It has been mine on a few occasions. But it can also give bad info.
    Having been seriously involved in the 1911 platform for a long time I see some of these videos and cringe.
    I have had to persuade a few thumb safeties to remove them, but I always locate and rectify the reason they are not cooperating. And then run multiple safety function checks. That safety ties into the ignition group and can, if improperly installed/modified, cause serious problems. I come off strong when discussing this as I really don't want anyone getting hurt. Simple as that.
    I absolutely understand, and appreciate your cautions. I mostly thought it was either the coating was too thick from factory, or maybe I wasn't putting enough pressure on the grip safety or too much pressure on the grip safety, or maybe the hammer wasn't back far enough. It could've been 100% operator error, and then finally I did it right.

If once I go to reassemble, and it doesn't fit or operate right, I won't even attempt to fully assemble it, and consult someone who knows them better than I do, to make sure it's functioning properly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I absolutely understand, and appreciate your cautions. I mostly thought it was either the coating was too thick from factory, or maybe I wasn't putting enough pressure on the grip safety or too much pressure on the grip safety, or maybe the hammer wasn't back far enough. It could've been 100% operator error, and then finally I did it right.

If once I go to reassemble, and it doesn't fit or operate right, I won't even attempt to fully assemble it, and consult someone who knows them better than I do, to make sure it's functioning properly.
    That is the right way. And yes, I am cautious in these regards.
    Once you get to know your way around a 1911 you will come to love them as I have. The idiosyncrasy's (or Idiotsyncrasy's)
    are a constant learning curve.

Be safe, always

GRAVES219

Black Rifles Matter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2021
    Hobart
    That is the right way. And yes, I am cautious in these regards.
    Once you get to know your way around a 1911 you will come to love them as I have. The idiosyncrasy's (or Idiotsyncrasy's)
    are a constant learning curve.

Be safe, always
    thank you for droppin the 1911 knowledge. I do love it already. Just wasn't happy with the factory look.

Top Bottom