• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Says insufficient privileges? I know I need 50 quality posts…. I would like to think there’s at least 50 in there. Any help would be appreciated not very tech savvie.

Attachments

• 91B9912A-540B-4410-B9FE-F7C7A060F8EF.png
      91B9912A-540B-4410-B9FE-F7C7A060F8EF.png
      857.5 KB · Views: 16

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Direct message one of the Mods, they can probably help
    It says not to do that unless it’s a private issue. I hope this isn’t something I did or something I should be embarrassed of lol if so please delete and message me :lmfao:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Says insufficient privileges? I know I need 50 quality posts…. I would like to think there’s at least 50 in there. Any help would be appreciated not very tech savvie.
    You were apparently given a timeout from the classifieds due to not following the rules. Looks like after March 3rd you will have access again

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    You were apparently given a timeout from the classifieds due to not following the rules. Looks like after March 3rd you will have access again
    Thank you. I know I have missed a picture here and there. Appreciate the response.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Hmm, I only needed 10 quality posts to gain access to the classifieds when I joined.
    I must be special.

Reactions: Leo
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Hello,
    Would someone in this thread be kind enough to help me understand what constitutes a "quality post" as it pertains to gaining access to the classifieds? Obviously one-liners, and brief comments do not count but I was just curious if there was any sort of word count or other criteria that those who can grant access are looking for. Truth be told I like the closed little community on here and being able to contribute to the threads; when I eventually have a couple extra dollars to donate I would like to do so simply to contribute to a cause I believe in and not to feel like I am short cutting a system I agree with. Any help understanding this total (and I suppose where I stand in regards to reaching it) would be appreciated. Thanks. (i.e. Do contributions to the conversations as replies count?)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Hello,
    Would someone in this thread be kind enough to help me understand what constitutes a "quality post" as it pertains to gaining access to the classifieds? Obviously one-liners, and brief comments do not count but I was just curious if there was any sort of word count or other criteria that those who can grant access are looking for. Truth be told I like the closed little community on here and being able to contribute to the threads; when I eventually have a couple extra dollars to donate I would like to do so simply to contribute to a cause I believe in and not to feel like I am short cutting a system I agree with. Any help understanding this total (and I suppose where I stand in regards to reaching it) would be appreciated. Thanks. (i.e. Do contributions to the conversations as replies count?)
    The mods are pretty easy going about it. More so now than in the old days. As long as you aren’t posting one liners, you are going to be fine. We have seen people post “I agree” dozens of times on random threads. Or a bunch of emojis.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hello,
    Sometimes what qualifies as “a runner” is obvious. A sudden burst of emojis replying to old, inactive threads is an obvious way to discern someone trying to get to the classifieds. Sometimes what qualifies is a bit more subtle. For example, a guy whose been a member for 6 years and hasn’t posted in 5.9 years but suddenly is but is posting articulate posts can be one too.

Access to the classifieds is a perk of being a contributing member of the site, not just financially but with your posts. 50 ”quality” posts might unlock to door to buy that shiny toy you’ve got your eye on but if you fail to actively participate and plan on living in the classifieds after 50 posts, you might be disappointed.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2022
    Indianapolis
    The mods are pretty easy going about it. More so now than in the old days. As long as you aren’t posting one liners, you are going to be fine. We have seen people post “I agree” dozens of times on random threads. Or a bunch of emojis.
    Right on. I appreciate the reply. Full disclosure: the reason I ask is that there has been one particular classified ad that seems to be lingering around that I would really love to make a move on and purchase if possible. I am a longtime carrier of my LTCH (lifetime) and just got some tax return money. Its the exact thing I have been looking for for quite a while and would hate to see it go before I had a chance to message the seller. I have no intention of selling anything here quite yet.

I like you also I have encountered a few of your posts and support your positions. Best wishes friend.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Sometimes what qualifies as “a runner” is obvious. A sudden burst of emojis replying to old, inactive threads is an obvious way to discern someone trying to get to the classifieds. Sometimes what qualifies is a bit more subtle. For example, a guy whose been a member for 6 years and hasn’t posted in 5.9 months but suddenly is but is posting articulate posts can be one too.

Access to the classifieds is a perk of being a contributing member of the site, not just financially but with your posts. 50 ”quality” posts might unlock to door to buy that shiny toy you’ve got your eye on but if you fail to actively participate and plan on living in the classifieds after 50 posts, you might be disappointed.
    Yeah I mean I suppose it is pretty much explicit when someone is only trying to post to gain access to the classified ads. I feel like I am far too opinionated about much of what is discussed on here to keep my thoughts to myself. I kind of wish you knew the particular classified that I was most interested in because it is more or less the opposite of a shiny new toy lol it is just kind of funny i suppose. But I can see where you are coming from as well because I am sure you guys have dealt with a considerable number of deceptive and completely self oriented people who were trying to do nothing more than benefit themselves. None the less I will just keep being genuine. This is the only forum environment that I have ever actually engaged in which is kind of cool.

Top Bottom