• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I used some of those last Fall and they’re Chinese made junk. 60 percent failure at least and lots of buckling. Look at the reviews and you’ll see others with the same issue. Would not recommend these or the other ones from Chinese sellers.
    Thank you for that info!

I just threw mine in the cabinet. No idea that there was junk out there. I have always bought Ball brand on sale or end of season clearance. Normally from Menards or Kroger.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Thank you for that info!

I just threw mine in the cabinet. No idea that there was junk out there. I have always bought Ball brand on sale or end of season clearance. Normally from Menards or Kroger.
    Yeah I wouldn’t want anyone else dealing with them. I was in a pinch and bought some that were actually in a counterfeit Ball green box from that same seller. And this was on amazon.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    My wife tried the tattler lids, large failure rate?? she just got a tube of lids online and they look just like ball lids and weigh almost exactly the same and the rubber looks to be comparable to the ball lids also! The brand she bought is called DENALI, so if anyone else has used these let us know how they worked for you please

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Tattler lids are different. How did she do them? Tighten ring until jar spins (use 1-2 fingers). When remove from PC, and the jar stops boiling, tighten the ring. Let cool

Rebel canners have had massive failure rates w imitation metal lids

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    i tried some of the walmart brand lids, and they seem to work. even popped them off and tried re canning with them, surprised me that they worked fine for 2nd use.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    We can a variety of things, but I suggest that people buy some chemicals and understand their use, like lye and lime. Lime finds a variety of uses in canning and it along with lye can be used in the nixtamalization of field corn. This process improves the food value of a very common Indiana grain. Lye finds many uses in cleaning as well. Both chemicals are easy to obtain and relatively cheap.

Top Bottom