Can the next President reinstate the Assault Weapons Ban?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just curious, but does anyone know if the so-called Assault Weapons Ban that President Bush allowed to expire on its 10th anniversary can be reinstated by the next president without being voted on by Congress?

In other words, can the next president of the US simply sign an executive order, or some similar decree, to reinstate the AWB and the High Capacity Feeding Device Ban?

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Also FWI, Obama has said he will seek Legislation to ban assault weapons (His definition being anything with more than 6 round capacity). Hillary I'm sure would also but hasn't had the guts to state that just yet.

Last edited:

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Just my 2 cents

I personally hope if some kind of bans were to be imposed that an uprising or some kind revolt, not saying something violent but something were to happen just to show the government people wont be pushed around.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Everyone here should have already read Unintended Consequences by John Ross and Enemies Foreign and Domestic by Matthew Bracken. If you have not, buy, borrow, or otherwise acquire copies and READ THEM.

Then, make sure all of your friends and family have done likewise.

This is not something you should consider optional. DO IT.

hunter480

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Coatesville, In.
    One thing all of us need to do, is NEVER miss an opportunity to educate non-gun owners about what a true assault weapon is. May seem like a minor thing, but most people will accept that it`s unreasonable to ban a weapon based on the cosmetics of the weapon.

The media throws the term, "assault weapon" around like they know what they`re talking about, and they DO NOT.

I`ve had many discussions, and email exchanges with reporters from the Indy Star, as well as reporters from a couple of the local news stations, and they feel no obligation to research their stories. and they use terminology that sounds really contempory and knowledgable, but they don`t have a clue as to what it means.

Educating the non-gun owning public is key to keeping our rights and forming new allies in our battle to preserve basic rights and freedoms.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Assault weapon - n - Any weapon used against another person during an attack.
    "The spork stuck in my arm when thrown at me. Its an assault spork."

Seriously, an "assault weapon" sounds just as stupid. Evil Black rifle or Russian Holocaust producer, THEY ALL FIRE BULLETS.

Something for you to watch...

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=m68lUe40nXI[/ame]

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    One thing all of us need to do, is NEVER miss an opportunity to educate non-gun owners about what a true assault weapon is. May seem like a minor thing, but most people will accept that it`s unreasonable to ban a weapon based on the cosmetics of the weapon.

The media throws the term, "assault weapon" around like they know what they`re talking about, and they DO NOT.

I`ve had many discussions, and email exchanges with reporters from the Indy Star, as well as reporters from a couple of the local news stations, and they feel no obligation to research their stories. and they use terminology that sounds really contempory and knowledgable, but they don`t have a clue as to what it means.

Educating the non-gun owning public is key to keeping our rights and forming new allies in our battle to preserve basic rights and freedoms.

+1!!

Educate on what a true "assault weapon" is? Simple. It's an invented term for something that scared a bunch of politicians. Showing the pictures of the two ARs, one with and one without a bayo lug and asking them to show why one was banned and the other not is often most educational-- "So.. how many criminals have you heard about bayonetting their victims?"

Additionally, WHO is the man making so much sense in what appears to be a Texas classroom?

Blessings,
    B

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Assault weapon - n - Any weapon used against another person during an attack.
    "The spork stuck in my arm when thrown at me. Its an assault spork."

Seriously, an "assault weapon" sounds just as stupid. Evil Black rifle or Russian Holocaust producer, THEY ALL FIRE BULLETS.

Something for you to watch...

YouTube - Michael Badnarik on liberty

Can anyone say it any plainer than that?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I personally hope if some kind of bans were to be imposed that an uprising or some kind revolt, not saying something violent but something were to happen just to show the government people wont be pushed around.
    Wasn't it JFK who said,
    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible
    make violent revolution inevitable."?

Blessings,
    B

Top Bottom