California just banned over 1400 handguns from being sold.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Did I miss something? It reads....."These models may no longer be sold, offered for sale, or manufactured in California." I see no indication of it banning ownership.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Did I miss something? It reads....."These models may no longer be sold, offered for sale, or manufactured in California." I see no indication of it banning ownership.
    You are correct. It is a ban on sale or introduction to the state of guns not already in the state.

STAGE 2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 26, 2019
    Fishers
    SoCal refugee here. Some misconceptions here that I can clear up. The roster deals with dealers being able to sell their handguns to private citizens (LEO’s are exempt and there are some who make a tidy profit off of this as reselling to a private citizen is not prohibited). Guns that drop off the list are because the particular manufacturer decided to not continue to pay the extortion fee. What is particularly frustrating is that California considers ANY change to a firearm to be a different model which requires a separate test and fee. So if you have a standard beretta 92 and then the same gun with a different model number that has a different finish or different grips the company has to send both for testing even though they are identical.

As many have gathered it’s just a subtle form of banning handguns as smaller companies can’t afford it and larger ones won’t bother with more than one model.

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    This will probably end up working against CA, since they started requiring micro stamping no new handguns have been approved, so as models are discontinued or companies just refuse to keep recertifying the number of handguns allowed to be sold can only decrease. Eventually it will get to a point where the courts will have no choice but to view it as a de facto ban on handguns (with a grandfather clause for previously owned items) and issue a ruling accordingly

Asdf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2019
    Reno
    This will probably end up working against CA, since they started requiring micro stamping no new handguns have been approved, so as models are discontinued or companies just refuse to keep recertifying the number of handguns allowed to be sold can only decrease. Eventually it will get to a point where the courts will have no choice but to view it as a de facto ban on handguns (with a grandfather clause for previously owned items) and issue a ruling accordingly
    Micro stamping serial number on the tip of the firing pin is required for all new hand guns sold!

Death nail to any new hand guns. Only firearms that have been grandfathered in can be sold as long as those companies continue to take the time to have their guns recertified will continue to be on the list of approved hand guns.

Just one more reason to move out of Commufornia!

Only thing keeping me here is taking care of my mom. Then I’m out of here!

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    What is particularly frustrating is that California considers ANY change to a firearm to be a different model which requires a separate test and fee.
    I grew up around Columbus, graduated from Purdue, and followed a job out to San Luis Obispo, CA in 1978, when it was still a free state. 60 days left until the wife retires and we're headed back home; stuff is packed, most of the furniture is in storage, etc.

When I was shopping around for my CZ75 Compact (besides being REALLY surprised that it was 'allowed' in CA), I found many. But most were equipped with a 16 round magazines, and only 10 round mags are approved here (new weapons). The part number of the firearm is different for 10 vs. 16 rounds (same weapon, only the mag is different). But the part number is what 'certifies' the weapon. It took a while but I eventually found one and had it shipped to my local FFL, paid my fees, etc. (more CA requirements).

The latest infringement is having to go through a background check to purchase ammo (with the attendant $1 fee).

I just hope the light at the end of the tunnel doesn't go out before we get there ...

But if you are moving TO California (I cannot imagine a reason) just be sure to acquire whatever you think you will 'need' before you move because there is no ban on bringing in personal property.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Micro stamping serial number on the tip of the firing pin is required for all new hand guns sold!

Death nail to any new hand guns. Only firearms that have been grandfathered in can be sold as long as those companies continue to take the time to have their guns recertified will continue to be on the list of approved hand guns.

Just one more reason to move out of Commufornia!

Only thing keeping me here is taking care of my mom. Then I’m out of here!
    Leave and take your mom with you?

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    This is exactly why we need to work with townships, counties, etc and pressure our Representatives into making Indiana a 2nd Ammendment sanctuary. If we don't start playing the games too then we are gonna be in big trouble! Think this will only happen in CA? We are 1 big shooting away from AWB-21. Who is gonna stop it- the guy who is promising it, the House that has the votes, or the Senate who also has the votes? "But wait til midterms, we will somehow vote them all out!!!" Too late. They have the numbers now and are ballsdeep in their plan already.
    We can all hide under the veil that we will not comply, but how does that end? You can't use, train with, or be known to have anything naughty. Think they will just believe all your guns are gone? They have your phone records and complete online history. And they aren't gonna knock when they come back the 2nd time. Bank of America just went through people's transactions and sold out like 150 people who they thought might have been involved at the Capitol. How long would you have to sit in Prison before your case magically makes it to the Supreme Court, where they will strike down the evil laws?
    We can all just sit back and arrogantly claim they will NEVER be able to have a full ban, or mandatory buyback/turn-in, or full scale confiscation. Or we can be proactive and make changes where it actually matters, locally. We have to make States Rights matter again. We have conservative leadership and a conservative majority, why wouldn't we? Why should we wait to launch a counterattack instead of being proactive? We KNOW its coming. We have a limited time left on this forum, which aside from a few turncoats is a pretty solid network of actual 2A advocates and allies. We need to organize now before this resource is taken down.
    Or we can claim guns and armor are just for LARPers and beg for Constitutional Carry so we can tote around our single shot Derringers without a pesky LTCH.
    WORD

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Eventually it will get to a point where the courts will have no choice but to view it as a de facto ban on handguns (with a grandfather clause for previously owned items) and issue a ruling accordingly
    Realistically we are at that point right now
    LEO’s are exempt and there are some who make a tidy profit off of this as reselling to a private citizen is not prohibited).
    if this isn’t corruption and state sponsored gun running/straw purchasing then I don’t know what is.

Top Bottom