California just banned over 1400 handguns from being sold.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I bet some of the higher ups have stock in the company that makes Glock.
    I wont take that bet. I also suspect it has something to do with the police contracts too. They likely dont want the headaches/optics of outlawing their officers' sidearms. Can they be exempted? Yes. But Im sure there are other grey areas they dont want to tread in. (like thinking officers might have to check out/in their guns because once they are off duty they would be more likely to be considered prohibited possessers, etc)

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I wont take that bet. I also suspect it has something to do with the police contracts too. They likely dont want the headaches/optics of outlawing their officers' sidearms. Can they be exempted? Yes. But Im sure there are other grey areas they dont want to tread in. (like thinking officers might have to check out/in their guns because once they are off duty they would be more likely to be considered prohibited possessers, etc)
    Good possibility. Had thought of that.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So serious question. Are we about to see gunbroker flooded with formerly approved handguns? What are the gun stores that have these in inventory supposed to do with them?

Shootin45super

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Bloomington
    So I couldnt own a desert eagle 44mag but a 50cal DE is fine. lol
    Looks like a guy made a list of guns he couldnt afford and submitted it. lol
    More proof that state is nuts!

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I may be off here but is this misleading? For instance an xd 9 is on the decertified list, but on the certified list xd 9's are also there.

Looks like the certification ran out for older model #'s, springfield has new model #'s that are good to go. Doesnt look like 1400 pistols were banned.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Either that...or some pretty well-connected folks are pre-supplementing their CA pension off the Blue Label program...and want to make sure state law preserves their customer-base.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Every pol involved in this should be tried for violating their oath to support and defend the Constitution. I guess that job would or should fall on the DOJ.
    Might not be popular, but the list doesn't prohibit you from owning. It only states what aren't allowed to be sold, traded or manufactured. You can still own firearms, you just can't buy these.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Khaliphornia has pretty much a 30 day waiting period on handguns, probably close to that for rifles, and shotguns, some people my have bought one of those and now it's not "approved" by big brother....You also have to pay the state for permission to buy the handgun.......

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Looks like the certification ran out for older model #'s, springfield has new model #'s that are good to go. Doesnt look like 1400 pistols were banned.
    So this is the path to a handgun ban... you die, your heirs can't sell, trade, or assume possession of your "old model" handguns, so they must be turned in or destroyed? In 50 years there will be no handguns in Calli, except those new models on the approved list, and those will be few and far between.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Handguns Certified for Sale​

As of January 1, 2001, no handgun may be manufactured within California, imported into California for sale, lent, given, kept for sale, or offered/exposed for sale unless that handgun model has passed firing, safety, and drop tests and is certified for sale in California by the Department of Justice. Private party transfers, curio/relic handguns, certain single-action revolvers, and pawn/consignment returns are exempt from this requirement.
    Doesn't look as drastic as it sounded. There are exemptions.

Raised a question for me. Are there any requirements for firing, safety, or drop tests at the federal level? At the state level here in Indiana? I have some time during Puppy Bowl to do some searching...

Top Bottom