• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Hey, I got some HTH Calcium Hypochlorite Bleach Crystals, but I am having trouble finding a good source for a recepie to make bleach and to disinfect water. All of the sources I have found using Google do not list the same concentration of 47.6% Calcium Hypochlorite. Does anyone know a good site for this?

I am wanting to print it out and have it ready to go for various mixtures and needs. Thanks!

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    This isn't from the same site, but the same article that got me started:

Better than Bleach: Use Calcium Hypochlorite to Disinfect Water | Ready Nutrition

I used to stock bleach in a bottle. I didn't realize it had a shelf life at the time. I was just concerned about all the space it was taking up. So I started looking.

Every place I have read has said to use the highest concentration possible. As Cpt Caveman stated, go with the 70% or higher. The article says to use 78% I think. I couldn't find that, but I found a source on ebay I think that had 73-75%. I bought a boat load of it.

I made up small bottles for the BOBs with instructions on them. A little bit goes a long way. I actually broke out a gas mask when I was filling the small bottles. That stuff is harsh. I have the rest sealed in a five gallon bucket.

Top Bottom