• ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I bought my MCK in June 2019
    I also bought the light they made for it $68+shipping+tax. Well the switches on the light went bad. I sent them an email about it they said so sorry we only warranty them for a year. So now I'm out $87. I hope others don't have this problem. Just a warning you may have the same problem so give your lights a good workout before your year is up to be sure its okay.

Now that said. I need to figure out what light I can stick in that slot that won't actually break in 18 months. Does anyone have an idea on what would work? Even if it sticks out some or I need to take some off the sides that would be okay as well. Would like at least 500 lumens. Its 3 1/4" diameter and 3" long.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Is this mounting on a rifle like an AR?

If so, I read good things about the Streamlight HLX(88060) light. Seems reasonable priced compared to Cloud and others out there.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Is this mounting on a rifle like an AR?

If so, I read good things about the Streamlight HLX(88060) light. Seems reasonable priced compared to Cloud and others out there.

Some instructors are seeing a 40-50% failure rate of this light - according to a recent Practically Tactical podcast I listened to this AM.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I've got an Inforce attached to the right-side rail. The same one I use for the Glock inside the chassis. I like it's position for on/off and mine is tough as nails.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Buy once, cry once. ESPECIALLY on a potentially life-saving device.

On just a range toy? Have at it. :-D

Oh, I get it. I'm a believer in buy once, cry once, but I sincerely thought it was a rugged enough light for my use based on what I found.

I am not an operator in Fallujah, but I do want my gear to work when I need it.

If I have to pay multiple hundreds of $$ for a light, I'll have to think whether I really need a WML. The thought of $300-400 hanging off the side of my rifle just to look the part isn't as attractive to me as $100 or so.:)

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Some instructors are seeing a 40-50% failure rate of this light - according to a recent Practically Tactical podcast I listened to this AM.
    Well crap, I have this very one. As greg stated, I went this route based on reviews of what was in my price range. Would you have reference to said podcast? TIA. I was misshipped an hlx model by mistake, original order was the hl. (FYI, the arisaka offset mount does not work for both.) I haven't yet had the pleasure of a good test with it on. I can say this, it beats the heck out of the TruGlo I have.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well crap, I have this very one. As greg stated, I went this route based on reviews of what was in my price range. Would you have reference to said podcast? TIA. I was misshipped an hlx model by mistake, original order was the hl. (FYI, the arisaka offset mount does not work for both.) I haven't yet had the pleasure of a good test with it on. I can say this, it beats the heck out of the TruGlo I have.

Oh, double crap now! i have the Arisaka mount already for the light. The Arisaka mount is supposedly for a Scout light and the HLX is supposed to use the same mount.

I had a HLX on order for $108 and it was cancelled, but the mount came in.

Maybe I will have to just buy a Scout...

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Oh, double crap now! i have the Arisaka mount already for the light. The Arisaka mount is supposedly for a Scout light and the HLX is supposed to use the same mount.

I had a HLX on order for $108 and it was cancelled, but the mount came in.

Maybe I will have to just buy a Scout...
    Same for me. I ordered light and mount at same time. The hlx w/ laser has a larger tube and different mount dimensions. I admit, the laser is nice, but I have yet had the opportunity to test it's POI consistency.

I like the olight mentioned previously, may have to consider it for TruGlo replacement.

Edit: I thought the hlx was laser model. My incorrect. If you have the NON-LASER model your arisaka mount will work.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Same for me. I ordered light and mount at same time. The hlx w/ laser has a larger tube and different mount dimensions. I admit, the laser is nice, but I have yet had the opportunity to test it's POI consistency.

I like the olight mentioned previously, may have to consider it for TruGlo replacement.

Edit: I thought the hlx was laser model. My incorrect. If you have the NON-LASER model your arisaka mount will work.

Okay. I did want the non-laser version.

I'm going to see what Surefire has to offer. If any of you have any ideas of which models to consider, let me know.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Okay. I did want the non-laser version.

I'm going to see what Surefire has to offer. If any of you have any ideas of which models to consider, let me know.
    Get an X300 slap it on the rail and be done with it. CAA’s light, as you know, is junk. Just bite the big one get the good light and shoot the hell out of it. I love mine, and am selling one in the classy’s so someone else can have fun. They really are a hoot to shoot.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Get an X300 slap it on the rail and be done with it. CAA’s light, as you know, is junk, Olite, despite their fans, have been exploding for years. Just bite the big one get the good light and shoot the hell out of it. I love mine, and am selling one in the classy’s so someone else can have fun. They really are a hoot to shoot.

I'm not going to write off the Streamlight due to one podcast. I haven't found anything really negative about them in all my online research.

As you know, going the Surefire route is 3.5-4X the cost of the Streamlight. Sure, they are the gold standard, but as I get older, I'm starting reassess my "the best is just good enough for me" policy and am taking a harder look at how I will use an item.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    You could also just buy another caa light, they are currently $55 on eBay.

Maybe you just got a lemon, the lights are made by olight, which is a decent brand.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've got an Inforce attached to the right-side rail. The same one I use for the Glock inside the chassis. I like it's position for on/off and mine is tough as nails.

Tyler, I looked up the Inforce. They have a WMLx Gen 2. I'm not sure how long it's been on the market, but I am intrigued. Being a minimalist type person, it talks to me.

Give me(us) somewhat of a review based on your usage if you would.

I don't mistreat my firearms so throwing rifles off the roof, putting them on the bottom of frozen pond or beating them against the wall is just not going to happen.:)

Top Bottom