• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I was looking for a Tommy Gun and found a SBR on Gunbroker but it was located in Ohio. Would I have to pay $200 to transfer to Indiana and $200 to transfer to my name? Explain how this would work please someone.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    The weapon gets sent to your Class III dealer who then fills out the paperwork and then stores it 'til your paperwork is cleared.The $200.00 is just for the excise stamp.You are on the hook for shipping unless the seller will be willing to pick up the tab.Any other transfer/paperwork fees is up to the Class III dealer.

rkba_net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Actually that would be TWO STAMPS.... Seller - dealer... one.... dealer - buyer... two...

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    Actually that would be TWO STAMPS.... Seller - dealer... one.... dealer - buyer... two...

Plus shipping and insurance and then the additional wait time. Your better off ordering the SBR from a local SOT. They are still in production so no problem getting one.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Actually it depends on who has it in Ohio. If a dealer has it on a Form3, then it can be transferred tax-free to your local dealer and then to you requiring only one stamp. If an individual has it on a Form4, then it must first be transferred to the dealer (here's the first $200 stamp) then transferred to your local dealer, and then to you (here's the next $200 stamp).

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I'm here to help brother! Usually when you see a listing for any NFA item, it will say in the listing whether the item is on a Form3 or a Form4.

Top Bottom