• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Since I started in on the wiring harness, I figured it was time to get the dash done. Still had some holes to drill for switches, mount the data plates for that military look, and figure out fan / heat controls & the defrost ducts. Still working on how to control the flappers for the heater, but I used CAD (carboard aided design) to make some ducts for where the YJ style defrosters come through the dash. Then they will go to some 900 series 5 ton splitters and (hopefully) onto the windshield good enough to do the job. Not done with the whole dash yet... but a few steps closer.

16l.JPG 16m.JPG 16n.JPG 16o.JPG 16p.JPG 16q.JPG

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Then I got sidetracked, and decided to fix the front fenders where the spot welds were off on the back edges of both inner fenders. You can see from the boogers that my novice welding with my little old 110v flux core welder looks like Ray Charles did it with his feet, but I did manage to stick the metal together. (at least for now) This is why I have enlisted the services of an actual welder for those things when it counts.

16r.JPG 16s.JPG

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Things been kind hectic. Been sore a lot, things crazy at the VFW, money problems.
    Started doing a stereo for the truck. Key word "started"... lol.
    Bought a bike, so been out cruising.
    Today is Barstool Golf, so I'll be up at the V all day keeping score, rather than working on it...
    Nephew's wedding tomorrow. That should be fun... Viking themed. Here's where some of that money went... lol.

392931570_3506969756218159_3067431515818304838_n.jpg

Also not big on working out in hot summer weather. (that's about to change)

I have been tinkering around on it some, (not much) just not posting. The other day, I put together one of the rear speakers for the stereo system. Infinity Kappa Perfect 600 3 way system in an illum round (mortar ammo) can.

387834838_3504643776450757_8082210693564129724_n.jpg

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I have been asked if there were any updates on the Jeep. Sadly not really. My garage isn't insulated, so I don't work on it during cold weather. Also, last fall, after selling a bunch of guns to buy Jeep parts... I went and got myself a Harley... lol. Guess I needed something to play with in the here & now.

IMG_E0202.JPG

Then tragedy struck. I lost my TBI service dog, Brandy. Plans were for only a driver's seat, then for her to have a custom dog bed in place where the passenger seat would go. She was too big to lay down in a bucket seat.

With tennis ball focus on Brandy slightly cropped.JPG

I have changed plans to a normal Jeep with two seats, and recently picked up a decent pair from a Nissan Altima, but have yet to start re-doing brackets for them. Now that nice weather is here, I should be able to get back to working on the jeep. That is... when I'm not busy with VFW stuff. We're doing a bike raffle right now on a Harley-Davidson Electra-Glide we're giving away come Memorial Day, so I've been at a lot of shows selling tickets.

Indy 1500 this coming weekend... the Midwest Powersports Expo in Ft Wayne next...

Anyway, I've set myself an unrealistic goal of getting her on the road in time to drive her to vacation come June.

We shall see...

Still gotta do wiring,
    fuel lines,
    brake lines,
    stereo,
    pull-paint-reinstall the engine...
    measure for, order, and install driveshafts...
    install winch
    put roof on
    finish roof rack
    and probably 30 or 40 other things.

Top Bottom