• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Anyone ever fish Bryant Creek Lake down in Morgan Monroe state forest? Is fishing any good?

And the DNR lists it as having a ramp, but google earth images look like the ramp might be unusable. (concrete stops about 6' short of the water line) It could be a really old image, so does anyone have any current info?

Any other decent lakes for small (12' or smaller) boats within an hour of the sw side of Indy? Not looking to drag in trophies or fishing for specific fish species. Just someplace that actually has fish for catch and release with the kids.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Anyone ever fish Bryant Creek Lake down in Morgan Monroe state forest? Is fishing any good?

And the DNR lists it as having a ramp, but google earth images look like the ramp might be unusable. (concrete stops about 6' short of the water line) It could be a really old image, so does anyone have any current info?

Any other decent lakes for small (12' or smaller) boats within an hour of the sw side of Indy? Not looking to drag in trophies or fishing for specific fish species. Just someplace that actually has fish for catch and release with the kids.
    I believe the boat ramp does go into the water.

No help, but I have been by that lake quite a few times. No serious fishermen to glean any info from the times I've stopped .

It's not terribly far for me to consider dropping the yak into. I'll try to make it a point to ride up that direction soon.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks, its not too awful far for me to try it out. (40 mins) and worst case I'm looking for a launch dolly for the boat, I could launch it without the trailer.

The google earth image is pretty crappy. Could have been low water, too.

Don't really have anything to compare it to, but it does look like the water was low in that pic. Looks like the end of the ramp has a jagged edge on it, like that part would normally be out in the water.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The launch goes into the water, at least the last I've been there. VERY shallow and weedy on the east 1/2 of the lake. Canoe, kayak, or rowboat would be OK. Trolling motor wasn't worth my effort.

We go down to Yellowwood or to Crooked Creek Lake pretty often. You can get a small boat in either pretty easy.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    There's a decent pond next to the Henderson Ford boat ramp on White River, off SR37.
    Atterburry has several marshes on the south end of the property, just north of SR 252 and west of SR 31.
    There's a half dozen marshes, Stone Arch and Pisga lakes, all with ramps.
    Tight lines.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I fish bryant creek lake with my boys fairly often. Mostly out of a canoe, but occasionally off the bank. Not going to catch any wall hangers, but we know a place to pull 12-14" channel cats all day which is plenty of fun out of a canoe. I especially love the lack of people. And we spot the occasional beaver up by the dams/lodge so that's fun too. If it isn't too far for you, I say give it a shot. If you're traveling more than 30 minutes, you could probably find somewhere better.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Pretty muddy just beyond the jagged edge. No signs of trailer tire tracks in that mud.

I seen a couple of kayaks out there. Looks like the rocks are positioned out there to help stabilize yaks and canoes for entrance exits
    ?
    20210405_181041.jpg 20210405_181101.jpg

20210405_181210.jpg

Banjo players???

20210405_181602.jpg

Top Bottom