• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I got this HP off Gunbroker awhile ago and have been working on it here and there. It came with a nickel finish so I sent it off to Mahovsky's in PA and they stripped it for 30.00 so I could work on it. It's one of the transitional model that is actually a Mark II but had the MKIII firing pin safety sear lever which I like. Plus, being a MKII you can get the 1911 sights put on versus the smaller ones if you have a Mark III. So far I stippled the front and backstrap but these pictures were prior to final clean up. I tightened the frame and slide up a bit but I have to be careful as I am going to get it cerakoted. I installed the Garthwaite trigger but that is not for the faint of heart, still working on it, started to bevel the magwell also.

DmmaaBNm.jpg

WOWhG33m.jpg

AJ0ABxfl.jpg

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Made some more progress on the HP. I got the trigger fit and the overall trigger job done. I was able to keep the factory hammer but had to get an EGW sear. The sear engagement surface of the MKIII safety I bought was just a tad bit too shallow for the factory sear and there was a slight bit of movement with the safety on. The EGW sear was a bit thicker near the safety engagement and now there's no movement with the safety on and pulling the trigger. I finished the touch up on the stippled front and back strap so that's done. I also got the magwell beveled, there's not a lot of room on an HP to bevel the magwell and with the tapered mags you really don't need to but it can't hurt. All I have left is to do some dehorning and other odds and ends and get it cerakoted.

O0fkTQEl.jpg

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Got a little more work done yesterday and today. I blended the rear of the frame and slide, got the dehorning all done and polished out, polished the feed ramp and recut the barrel crown, cut the thumb safety axle where the ambi lever would be to make a single sided safety and radiused the axle. I will bead blast everything and give it the once over looking for anything that needs touched up.

0rIV8Yul.jpg

HqSwEnEl.jpg

eybZL1Ul.jpg

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Ok… so I have wanted a hi-power for a long time. I Bought a Browning and sold it when offered more than I thought it was worth and more than I had paid. This project is the ideal version… unless Springfield rolls them out. Great work on this project….. and I call dibs if this one ever needs a new home.

Top Bottom