• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warsaw214

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    Every business who has shooting related merchandise is over whelmed at the moment and will be for some time... Errors will multiply and cancelations are very convient to meet customer service metrics, if they have them.

USPS here Indinapolis wasn't shipping priority 2 day for nearly a month, why BONUSES are tied to metrics. They were processing mail according to bonus on time metrics VS. First in First out. Dillon Precision has 2+ week backlog on just for emails, small shops phones go directly to voice mail and are canceling orders even when it showed in stock.

Optics planet order showed in stock, now I get an email for May delivery date.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Brownells has a database issue, i have requested several times that they updated my account , address etc .. but every time I order something the account address is one from over 20 years ago. they just change the ship to address. and no it's not browser settings if anything it's Brownells database.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I’m not scolding you, please don’t think that. I just really enjoy both of your postings here, and don’t wanna see you 2 pissed at each other. You both bring too much experience, knowledge, and joy to the forum. :)
    I was going to give you Rep for your moderation skills but it appears that's no longer an option.. Too much I still don't know about our new system.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Every business who has shooting related merchandise is over whelmed at the moment and will be for some time... Errors will multiply and cancelations are very convient to meet customer service metrics, if they have them.

USPS here Indinapolis wasn't shipping priority 2 day for nearly a month, why BONUSES are tied to metrics. They were processing mail according to bonus on time metrics VS. First in First out. Dillon Precision has 2+ week backlog on just for emails, small shops phones go directly to voice mail and are canceling orders even when it showed in stock.

From what I've seen here in the past that's business as usual for Optics planet.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville

I stopped shopping Optics for that very reason. I'd order, they would say within 14 days and then the email would say six months out....one said delivery uncertain. Crossed them off my list until they can stop selling stuff they have no idea when it would come back in stock.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I made one purchase from Brownells last year (2020); first one since I moved to Indiana. When I went to checkout, I updated the info but one area still showed Illinois as my address. I finally called and it got corrected out so I ordered the product. WHen they decided to ship my order, they failed to put the Unit number on the package and UPS allegedly sent it back to Brownells. I tried to call a few times but the hold time was rediculous so I emailed them. They reshipped the product and I finally go it......I had to jump through hoops to get it.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Are you people not listening? First, I was as I went along and it worked correctly. Second, I do not possess a device old enough to have the information that was substituted.
    Not arguing it wasn't Brownells fault; I have no reason to doubt you. And I don't have a difficult time at all believing that this is the kind of error Brownells would make.

Autofill info is usually saved in the browser rather than the device. Just because a device is new doesn't mean it can't get old autofill data when someone logs into their browser account.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not arguing it wasn't Brownells fault; I have no reason to doubt you. And I don't have a difficult time at all believing that this is the kind of error Brownells would make.

Autofill info is usually saved in the browser rather than the device. Just because a device is new doesn't mean it can't get old autofill data when someone logs into their browser account.
    I am following but I did verify it was right. I didn't think of it before you pointed it out but I lost control of my browser account last time I switched phones and had to start from scratch. Even though I could answer every question this side of what brand of toothpaste my 1st grade teacher used Google decided I failed to adequately establish ownership of the account.

On the other hand, a friend pointed out to me that for a variety of reasons including but not limited to new ways of doing thing in response to COVID (in particular making it easy to play hookey and yield disorder as a result) expecting others, especially those who are not on the line for the consequences of their actions, to do things they way i would is not at a practical level a reasonable expectation at this point. He is right. There is nothing inherently wrong with expecting others to be conscientious but it is not reasonable at this point to expect it to happen.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    Your information wasn't stored on your device. Your information was more than likely stored on your browser. For example, if you have a gmail account, everything you browse and do while signed into that gmail account will be saved. If you get a new phone, but sign into your gmail account from that phone, then it will still pull up that previous information.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I made one purchase from Brownells last year (2020); first one since I moved to Indiana. When I went to checkout, I updated the info but one area still showed Illinois as my address. I finally called and it got corrected out so I ordered the product. WHen they decided to ship my order, they failed to put the Unit number on the package and UPS allegedly sent it back to Brownells. I tried to call a few times but the hold time was rediculous so I emailed them. They reshipped the product and I finally go it......I had to jump through hoops to get it.
    I was just able to go in and update my address on Brownells site on my account info. Was a bit interesting in that I updated my billing address and my shipping address. It retained the old shipping address as well (not uncommon as it expects you may have more than one shipping address you may want to store), which I was then able to delete from the drop down with a little red x next to that. Less than intuitive, but I was able to do it. I'll watch it the next time I oplace an order, but it's been a bit since I ordered through them.

Mike Maddox

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Otterbein
    Could have been so many causes, from an out dated FFL to a system overlook, to simple coding error. I, like many others have not had issues with them, that could not be easily explained.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    This reminds me of the Facebook crybabies. No retail organization owe anyone a perfect experience. There are guidelines and rules even on this forum. The millions that are having good experiences outweigh the the "things gone wrong "crowd. If it didn't it would be Pan Am Airlines or A&P Grocery. Gone. So no matter your fault, Gods fault, anyone's fault, some people end up under a dark cloud of transactional misery. Thanks to the OP for sharing the problem and remember it is always buyer beware.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The only comments I'll give have already been touched on. Brownells is a business with a long standing record of competency. It has been relatively short time since they started carrying firearms. You've heard this before, "These are trying times". Not only are people not able to go to their place of work because of someone in their household being tested positive, others are dealing with fighting off the virus. Many of us have been relegated to our homes for many months. Firearms related companies are overwhelmed with business and have a hard time, if not impossible time keeping any inventory. The load on their employees, as well as, their computer systems also must be overwhelming. All this builds up stress to the point we want to scream. My advice to the OP is to give Brownells another try. They want your business, even if they are having trouble serving you the way you deserve as a customer.

Top Bottom