• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    What does this have to do with gunsmithing? This would be better in a different section. I sympathize with your experience but its a weird a time for the gun business world and i cant blame them for canceling a order. There slammed and there human, i wouldn't let this one experience ruin the vendor for you. They really are doing some great stuff right now and there very good people in my experience.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    "By the time I noticed they had cancelled my order."

What was this timeframe?
    A couple days after the initial e-mail. This brings me back to point A, which is that I provided current information and selected a pre-approved FFL by virtue of not having time to hold their hands. Again, had they not trashed the information I provided including my FFL selection there would have been no problem.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    What does this have to do with gunsmithing? This would be better in a different section. I sympathize with your experience but its a weird a time for the gun business world and i cant blame them for canceling a order. There slammed and there human, i wouldn't let this one experience ruin the vendor for you. They really are doing some great stuff right now and there very good people in my experience.
    Procuring supplies for a build.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Dave, what we’ve got here is a sacred cow, and you’re threatening it with an axe.

But the thing is..Brownells DESERVES the position, and continues to earn our respect in hundreds of transactions per day. Maybe more than hundreds some days.

You have to expect some heat with the idiocy of your thread title.

It’s sorta comin’ out in the thread here that you could have helped yourself better ALSO. Stones and glass houses and whatnot...

Many industries operate on a minute-to-minute basis, but the firearms industry is also saddled with distribution of a regulated commodity that is in short supply.

You didn’t read your email for 48 hours.

They took that delay as data, and used it to sell your stuff to somebody else.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Dave, what we’ve got here is a sacred cow, and you’re threatening it with an axe.

But the thing is..Brownells DESERVES the position, and continues to earn our respect in hundreds of transactions per day. Maybe more than hundreds some days.

It’s sorta comin’ out in the thread here that you could have helped yourself better ALSO. Stones and glass houses and whatnot...

Many industries operate on a minute-to-minute basis, but the firearms industry is also saddled with distribution of a regulated commodity that is in short supply.

You raise some good points but I still can't wrap my head around the type of error I would expect from a third-grader.

The response reminds me of days gone by when any less than flattering remark about Bradis, fair or not, would result in 20 people pouncing like the op had just called their mothers whores.

As for the sacred cow, at this point no one customer makes much of a difference. I have a hard time believing they came up with this just for me. What you said about Brownells could just as easily have been said for Colt, Sears, Montgomery Ward, or IBM, among others.

One thing I can guarantee you is that in the future, be it poor service, poor quality, or outright fraud, INGO will not hear a word from me. I don't need a support group for unsatisfactory service.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't mind sites that require you to create an account to buy. I wish they didn't, but it's not a deal breaker. What grinds my gears are sites that let you use guest checkout but then create an account for you anyway without your opting in.

I set up a "notify me when back in stock" alert on one site recently, only to get an email 30 seconds later congratulating me on setting up a new account.
    This. I don’t typically set up accounts with merchants. I mean they typically aren’t all that interested in data security. A place like Brownell’s, if they can hack into experion and steal sensitive information, they could easily hack brownell’s. Usuall not a deal breaker if I have to make an account, but if I do I’ll go back later and delete my credit card info in my account. But yeah, places that automatically se up accounts, that can be a dealbreaker.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Notwithstanding throwing stones in a glass house, and some wisdom not pursued, sometimes a guy has to vent. Everyone’s sacred cow is only an instance of sacred cow. He can axe his all he wants and yours still lives.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    You raise some good points but I still can't wrap my head around the type of error I would expect from a third-grader.

The response reminds me of days gone by when any less than flattering remark about Bradis, fair or not, would result in 20 people pouncing like the op had just called their mothers whores.

As for the sacred cow, at this point no one customer makes much of a difference. I have a hard time believing they came up with this just for me. What you said about Brownells could just as easily have been said for Colt, Sears, Montgomery Ward, or IBM, among others.

One thing I can guarantee you is that in the future, be it poor service, poor quality, or outright fraud, INGO will not hear a word from me. I don't need a support group for unsatisfactory service.
    The problem is you are attributing this to a person. Odds are all your problems originated from automated programs, and potentially even glitches within those systems. It's possible it may not have ever had any human input or interaction.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The problem is you are attributing this to a person. Odds are all your problems originated from automated programs, and potentially even glitches within those systems. It's possible it may not have ever had any human input or interaction.
    OK, so it's the IT personnel and not the sales department.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    I have dealt pretty much solely with Brownells since starting my business in 2011. I have ordered tens of thousands of dollars in merchandise and parts a year.

I have yet to experience a problem that wasn't partially my fault.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have dealt pretty much solely with Brownells since starting my business in 2011. I have ordered tens of thousands of dollars in merchandise and parts a year.

I have yet to experience a problem that wasn't partially my fault.

It was showing correct information when I clicked to complete transaction.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    OK, so it's the IT personnel and not the sales department

My guess is the Brownells webstore is probably 10-25 million lines of code. A glitch that has effected 1, or maybe a hand full of people out of the thousands of orders they receive a month, maybe thousands a day with the current volume.

Yeah I'm sure the guys who wrote that code are idiots.

Perhaps if you gave them helpful feedback about this bug, instead of being unreasonably angry* and upset they could get it corrected.

*or so it seems, hard to tell tone on the internet.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My guess is the Brownells webstore is probably 10-25 million lines of code. A glitch that has effected 1, or maybe a hand full of people out of the thousands of orders they receive a month, maybe thousands a day with the current volume.

Yeah I'm sure the guys who wrote that code are idiots.

Perhaps if you gave them helpful feedback about this bug, instead of being unreasonably angry* and upset they could get it corrected.

*or so it seems, hard to tell tone on the internet.
    When they start returning e-mail or answering their phones within a timeframe that does not derail my schedule I will consider it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I've never had a problem with them, including 1 FFL item. I have an account, though. It's always a good idea to have an account if you're going to do repeat business. Guest checkout doesn't give you access to your order history, and having an account saves your information.
    In virtually any online transaction, that sounds more like a bug than a feature. I believe the reason so many places want to have you set up an account is Visa and Mastercard do not let them store the credit card number if you do not have an account

Top Bottom