• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I recently ordered a lower from Brownells. I used the guest checkout as I have in the past. I used a FFL dealer near me who is on their list of FFLs on file. I supplied my correct address.

There was a question asking for my birth date which must have been the bridge to the past, but they dropped all my correct information down a black hole, used an address obsolete for 8 years as my home and my present address as a shipping address. They then sent an e-mail indicating that my shipment was being withheld until I sent them a signed license from a FFL dealer. By the time I noticed they had cancelled my order.

They can **** up a rope. I found better deals elsewhere.

I may or may not do business with them in the future but I sure as hell will never order another FFL item from them.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I've never had a problem with them, including 1 FFL item. I have an account, though. It's always a good idea to have an account if you're going to do repeat business. Guest checkout doesn't give you access to your order history, and having an account saves your information.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've never had a problem with them, including 1 FFL item. I have an account, though. It's always a good idea to have an account if you're going to do repeat business. Guest checkout doesn't give you access to your order history, and having an account saves your information.
    Bingo.

Many sites now require you have an account to buy from them.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Bingo.

Many sites now require you have an account to buy from them.
    I don't mind sites that require you to create an account to buy. I wish they didn't, but it's not a deal breaker. What grinds my gears are sites that let you use guest checkout but then create an account for you anyway without your opting in.

I set up a "notify me when back in stock" alert on one site recently, only to get an email 30 seconds later congratulating me on setting up a new account.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No requirement for an account and the autofill settings are correct. In fact, they can't possibly be wrong. I don't have a device old enough to predate that move. Besides, I used (correct) autofill settings in this order. I also manually selected the FFL from their list and this evaporated.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I recently ordered a gun from another company and used an FFL from their approved list. The FFL license they had was several years out of date. All "approved lists" stand a chance of this happening. Having not ordered from them before, I called to make sure everything was in order and got them the current license before it was a problem.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    So, instead of reaching out to Brownells customer service to give them a chance to resolve the situation, you decided to **** and moan to Ingo about it? I deal with a ton of online vendors, mistakes happen and computer systems aren't perfect. Life isn't perfect. You should consider giving them a chance to make it right before trying to make them out to be idiots. Every time I didn't let a company know about their mistakes, they had a 0% success rate at fixing it.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    If they would answer their ******* phone I would have talked to them.

They could also have gone to the trouble of answering my e-mail.

So then smart guy, do you have any more ideas other than being an ass to me about it?
    Yes, actually I do. You could have mentioned all of that in your opening post. That would of gave us a more accurate account of what you dealt with. Instead, you just sounded like a grumpy old man who wanted to complain.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yes, actually I do. You could have mentioned all of that in your opening post. That would of gave us a more accurate account of what you dealt with. Instead, you just sounded like a grumpy old man who wanted to complain.
    Thank you for the implied insult that you apparently think I am too damned stupid to think of using nouns and verbs. I also didn't specify that I use toilet paper after taking a **** but don't expect to be criticised for not doing so just because I didn't feel the need to announce it.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Thank you for the implied insult that you apparently think I am too damned stupid to think of using nouns and verbs. I also didn't specify that I use toilet paper after taking a **** but don't expect to be criticised for not doing so just because I didn't feel the need to announce it.
    I don't think you're stupid. Pissed off and grumpy, yes. I'm just pointing out that you left out details of the story. You obviously want some sympathy for what you experienced, but you originally made it sound like you didn't try to contact them about it and just went straight to Ingo to complain.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I don't think you're stupid. Pissed off and grumpy, yes. I'm just pointing out that you left out details of the story. You obviously want some sympathy for what you experienced, but you originally made it sound like you didn't try to contact them about it and just went straight to Ingo to complain.
    In all fairness here, all he did was describe his experience with an online merchant. He had a bad experience, and posted about it so other gun owners can either 1) avoid the hassle of going through what he did or 2) know what to look for if they do. You’re kinda the one sounding like a grumpy old man here honestly, you could’ve just kept scrolling instead of confronting a member about a post he made. I don’t have a dog in this fight, but it strikes a nerve when I see someone puff their chest out and act like someone with a bad experience should’ve done something differently, then when they find out they did do those things they insult them. Other members up thread stated they’ve used the site and didn’t have any issues. You were the only one to make an issue of the post, and then call him a grumpy old man? Kinda... ironic, isn’t it?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    In all fairness here, all he did was describe his experience with an online merchant. He had a bad experience, and posted about it so other gun owners can either 1) avoid the hassle of going through what he did or 2) know what to look for if they do. You’re kinda the one sounding like a grumpy old man here honestly, you could’ve just kept scrolling instead of confronting a member about a post he made. I don’t have a dog in this fight, but it strikes a nerve when I see someone puff their chest out and act like someone with a bad experience should’ve done something differently, then when they find out they did do those things they insult them. Other members up thread stated they’ve used the site and didn’t have any issues. You were the only one to make an issue of the post, and then call him a grumpy old man? Kinda... ironic, isn’t it?
    You're right. I apologize for being an a-hole to the OP. He didn't deserve me being a jerk to him. I could have been more sympathetic instead of trolling him. I deserve the scolding.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You're right. I apologize for being an a-hole to the OP. He didn't deserve me being a jerk to him. I could have been more sympathetic instead of trolling him. I deserve the scolding.
    I’m not scolding you, please don’t think that. I just really enjoy both of your postings here, and don’t wanna see you 2 pissed at each other. You both bring too much experience, knowledge, and joy to the forum. :)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I’m not scolding you, please don’t think that. I just really enjoy both of your postings here, and don’t wanna see you 2 pissed at each other. You both bring too much experience, knowledge, and joy to the forum. :)
    I was never upset, but I was being a jerk and you called me on it. I appreciate your honesty. I'll say again that I apologize to IndyDave.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Thanks. I could have been more gracious myself.

I just cant understand that they would do so much to screw something up that was right when I left it. I also can't understand that they would follow up (or rather not) as they did. I am not looking for sympathy. I can tell them to go bugger themselves and call it a day. I particularly don't want anyone else to walk away thinking everything is in order when left in such fantastically incompetent hands.

The other perplexing thing is why they managed to keep my correct card numbers while discarding all the other information I gave them in preference for information from the first time I bought from them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom