• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I've had one of these on my list since I first laid eyes on one. Now I finally have my own Hakim!! Super stoked to take this sweet puppy out to the range and let the thunder roll!

20200809_140405.jpg

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    So aren't they all a take on the Russian SVT? Isn't that what started this mini arms race?
    SVT
    Ljungman
    Gewehr 43

Is that the development order?

I don't really see a connection between those three rifles from a development standpoint at all.

The SVT and G43 have similar gas systems, but that is where is the similarities end. The bolts operate completely differently. I wouldn't consider the SVT the starting point for anything from a development standpoint. The short stroke piston gas system and tilting bolt can both be found in other weapons that preceded it.

I have never owned a Ljungman, but have played with them, and you notice right away that they are nothing like anything else commonly available.

Rburney

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    Avon
    Nice rifle. The Hakim is on my short list to go with my Ljungman. Sold my SVT a couple years and regret that. That is on my short list as well.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    That is the nicest ones I have seen. Kind of an Egyptian M1 Garand.

The first time I shot one I didn't have ear protection on. After pulling the trigger my ears hurt, my vision was blurred and I considered tossing it on the deck but I came to my senses and held on to it.

It will be like shooting a M44 under an awning is the closest as I can explain it.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    and useless but cool accessory you can do is get a 25 round mag for the mg13 and it's fairly simple to fit it up. you have to relieve the front of the magwell a bit, but its not noticable with the original mag in

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Thanks guys, I'm still pretty stoked about it. I haven't taken it to the range yet, I need to take it apart to clean and inspect everything first. At first look, everything seems ok, it had been in a safe for a while. I happened upon a very nice lady who was selling her late hisband's collection off. She had 2 of these but the other one was missing a mag and the forend of the stock had been shortened. She said she had a pile of 8mm ammo and mags but didn't know what they were and had sold them off already. The bipod is going to come off. It looks cool in pictures, but it is kind of a cheesy thing that just clamps to the barrel. I had read about the MG13 mag conversion, but I'm not ready to start grinding on this rifle yet.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks guys, I'm still pretty stoked about it. I haven't taken it to the range yet, I need to take it apart to clean and inspect everything first. At first look, everything seems ok, it had been in a safe for a while. I happened upon a very nice lady who was selling her late hisband's collection off. She had 2 of these but the other one was missing a mag and the forend of the stock had been shortened. She said she had a pile of 8mm ammo and mags but didn't know what they were and had sold them off already. The bipod is going to come off. It looks cool in pictures, but it is kind of a cheesy thing that just clamps to the barrel. I had read about the MG13 mag conversion, but I'm not ready to start grinding on this rifle yet.

I can't remember where I got mine, but there was a place online that sold modified MG13 mags that fit the rifle without modifying the mag well. I've since sold the rifle but the mag worked well. And having 25 rounds of 8mm Mauser... well... :ar15:

Top Bottom