• ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    We are heading to the art fair and wondered if we will be searched at the gate. Metal detectors? Bag searches? It says "no weapon" so are they even anti pocket-knife? If anyone has been there in recent years, I would appreciate feedback. The event says all bags are "subject to search" but I don't know if they actually do that.

thanks for any input

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    In case anyone else is wondering about this we did go to the art fair on Saturday. In 2022 the art fair had what I would call security theater. Of course "security theater" seems to vary wherever you go. In other venues I've been turned away for pocket knives. We left our pocket knives in the car but it turned out no one paid any attention to what was on us, and there was no metal detector. I probably could have had 2 rifles under my jacket and as many pistols and knives as I could carry.

They did ask to see my backpack. I had a small pair of scissors in there, about the size a kindergartener would use to cut paper. I told them truthfully that I carried them along with a small roll of athletic tape because I currently was dealing with some foot blisters from hiking and wanted to be able to cut a new piece of tape if I needed it while walking. They let me keep the scissors because they were "sympathetic" to the issue.

There were other things in the backpack they didn't see, because I was prepared for this security theater. Fortunately, the violent wackos were somewhere else that day and no self-defense tools were needed at the art fair.

Top Bottom