• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Personally I avoid talking to most people.

Esp women.

Esp esp women w a partner.

Yes, have seen some folks that ignore the husband/ BF and try to be cute w the pretty woman they came in with.

One LGS reg makes an ass of himself to my ol lady every time.

Guess what? He has always been an A hole.

Doesnt make it right.

Does make it nothing to get bent about.

Hes old and stupid. Proly getting older and more stupid by the minute.

Ignore people like that. Distance yourself if you can.

Some folks like confrontation.

I dont.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    32 days total in Hospital between ICU and regular room with 4 surgical procedures and 5 CT scans. Not received all the bills yet but they are coming.
    CKW was there as much as possible. She is my rock.
    I can't imagine all the different directions of multiple levels of Doctors, labs, drugs & etc. that you are being bombarded with. :wallbash:
    The old adage of "You can't take it with you" is really devastating when medical eats away at everything you've worked for your entire life. :facepalm:

My medical bills were always about $12k/yr. when working even with good insurance as a teacher.
    Now retired it's up to about $17K/yr.
    With Medicare & a Supplement most things are completely covered with Drs. & hospitalizations, but paying for insurances, meds, medical equipment, deductibles, long term care I've added & not having Dental & Vision costing 1 cent per paycheck when working & etc.
    It just never ends. :dunno:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Tell me they had a drive-thru window and you got a free box of .22 with every Happy Meal...
    From 1994 to 2021, McDonalds Gun Shop was one of the best little gun dealers in the entire state. Located out in the country, just east of Marion. Now it is only a memory.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Mine went in and bought a rifle from the LGS. Didn't want me along ( i probably could have gotten a better deal LOL ).

Now she wants to get a handgun.

Now I aint going in, but I told her which shop and person to talk to. Technical and sale wise.

Some sales people push certain product, some certain type. While that may be helpful to some, have seen them push crap

One store they push most women to j frames. And many bring em back. Same w semis.

Do think the little Sheild EZ has in general been well accepted by a wide range of folks.

I offered a Smith 67, first run, to my ol lady, she declined. As did all daughters.
    Mint, in the box. 4" adj sights. Nightstand , truck or range toy.

None interested.

Whatever.

Dunno WTH they think a trainer or even ideal protection rig would be. They rarely shoot.....and when they do its above avg items.

Let em learn on their own dime.

Stereotypical....wimmins....cant tell em anything.

I like a j frame, steel or alloy.
    Dont think them ideal for a novice however.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    My daughter walked into a gun shop not long ago to check it out. She was completely ignored. Kid has more money than me to spend. All they had to do was say hi.
    On another note, when we were truck shopping for her the sales guys almost completely ignored her. Even after me saying to talk to her, she's writing the check. At dealer #5 I think the kid was a bit smitten. I wasn't even there. Lol. He sold a darn nice Sierra that day!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My daughter walked into a gun shop not long ago to check it out. She was completely ignored. Kid has more money than me to spend. All they had to do was say hi.
    On another note, when we were truck shopping for her the sales guys almost completely ignored her. Even after me saying to talk to her, she's writing the check. At dealer #5 I think the kid was a bit smitten. I wasn't even there. Lol. He sold a darn nice Sierra that day!
    This has been my experience all too often. I have even stood at the counter waiting for someone to offer to help and had sales people walk right past me with barely a nod in my direction. At that point, I walk out...and I don't go back. They obviously don't want or need my money.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Anybody that walks through the door is a potential customer.

Who trains staff to ignore customers?

Ive seen mom n pop places hire relatives and good ol boys that like to sit around and BS with the regs or each other.

But man......a greeting and asking if they can be helped should be standard...in any business.

Done w a smile and good vibe too.

Ive been in shops w old timer cranky owners and you can tell by the inventory how things are going LOL

Guns are fun. Dealing w the public usually isnt. Thats why some folks do the orders, some folks fix stuff and others man the counter LOL

Been in shops where the staff are nice and attentive, and pretty much cluelesa beyond that.

No perfect place exists. Sometimes the attitude changes if youve been seen more than once.

Or if the staff/ owner has had lunch.

Said it before, say it again.....sure do miss Lengels.

Was a nice friendly shop.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I actually prefer mom n pop places.
    But if going to a chain and knowing a good worker, will patronize them.

Its just money.....but I like to do biz w good people.

Price isnt the only determiner.

I have seen engineer folks want all sorts of stuff in a gunshop, burn salesmans time for hours, mult visits....

Criteria is set. Prices are relayed.

Being an engineer they want a ferrari but want to pay yugo prices.

Funny, after multiple visits the dude buys something totally different, it doesnt work....and they want to trade it in...

When they didnt even buy it there.

Seen this repeatedly. Yup. Engineers.

Too funny.

I guess itd be tough to do sales after dealing w a bunch of that type.
    Of course one could see it as a challenge.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    BTW.... i have walked out of a few shops when certain customers have shown up.

I refuse to be around that much stupid.

Couple dipsticks I cant stand.

i just leave.

One of the joys of being on the right side of the counter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    This has been my experience all too often. I have even stood at the counter waiting for someone to offer to help and had sales people walk right past me with barely a nod in my direction. At that point, I walk out...and I don't go back. They obviously don't want or need my money.

Make it known why you're leaving. They'll either learn their lesson or retire ignorant and we can hope they are replaced with someone willing to actually embrace everyone as a potential customer.

My wife has quite sternly informed several store owners and employees why they won't be seeing a sale that day (or ever). Make the mistake of ignoring her or offering a revolver without first asking what she (the paying customer) wants and I'll simply step back and smile. It's a lot of fun.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Lgs around here all three have women who work the counter. Two of the three are very knowledgeable and one is learning quickly because she's into firearms but young and a late start. All three are very nice. Being in small towns I'm sure they have heard it all. The best part is they give it back. So far no one is offended and usually have a good time.
    Every gun shop has chairs to sit in to jaw half the day with the owners or customers lol.

Maybe a different atmosphere in this area than others.

They lack a coffee pot for the big story tellers.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Before we married my wife agreed to let me buy one gun a year. But a year later we had a kid and few years later we were up to 3 kids. Responsibility kicked in and I don’t buy one a year. Although she would let me if I pushed it. I still go in to the LGS often and sometimes she goes with me. If she gets a joking comment she usually just rolls with it and jokes back. She doesn’t care about guns. She doesn’t like or dislike guns. But she’ll go with me once in a while because she loves me and cares about my hobbies. I’m the bread winner and she’s a homemaker. We share one account and she runs the finances and pays the bills. She jokes that she works for free and I always joke back that every dollar I make goes to her. But every person and relationship is different. If the comments are uncomfortable, I’d find a different gun shop that is more respectful even if it’s more of a drive. My favorite gun shop is not close to us. But it’s family owned and operated. The husband and wife run it together and the daughter runs the register. Most respectful family friendly gun store I’ve been in.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Guns are fun. Dealing w the public usually isnt. Thats why some folks do the orders, some folks fix stuff and others man the counter
    Reminds me of the saying “The problem with public transportation is not the transportation!”

Reactions: Leo

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Reminds me of the saying “The problem with public transportation is not the transportation!”
    As someone who tried to use Public transportation in Chicago, I can attest to the accuracy of your quote. I don't are how much parking costs in the loop, it is worth it.

Top Bottom